Respected Contributor

Re: Can we give the Cold Shoulder to the Cold Shoulder? !!

@jonbon wrote:

Who says we all have to wear it? There is something available for everyone. Even Land’ End has cold shoulder tops!

I couldn't have said it better myself. Some of us like the cold shoulder, some of us don't. Like you said, there's something to suit every taste in clothes!!!

Respected Contributor

I saw one on Denim and Company this morning that was a long sleeve denim oxford type shirt with cold shoulders. Looked very silly. I had a cold shoulder top once and had to buy a strapless bra to wear it. I wore the shirt two times before I got rid of it.

Respected Contributor

@wennygal wrote:
Can this trend just please stop. It looks silly and like a costume for the stage. It might have a few good uses, like when you get your flu shot or another vaccination . LOL, or if you are a cocktail server. I don't know whether to laugh or cry when I see people wear them. They don't look nice or flattering. C'mon designers, you can do so much better!!!

Oh my goodness!  Are you being forced to purchase and wear them?

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

Cold shoulder tops have been around in the '70's, 80's and 90's and are still around now!  From watching old movies and shows they were around way before the 70's also.  I have many from over the years.  There are so many choices available now with the internet that those who don't like them can easily find clothing they do like.  Why must some insist that everyone needs to wear styles that they personally like.  Its one thing to state you do not like the look but some keep insisting that styles that are popular with so many others and are selling well must go away!  Wear what you like and let others do the same! 

Trusted Contributor

I love my cold shoulder tee shirts. They are great in the Summer! So happy that we all have choices. If you don't like them, then don't buy them. Simple as that. Smiley Happy

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning
Super Contributor

I think they look totally stupid even on people with perfect shoulders.  I bet they are super uncomfortable too.  Must feel like your bra strap slid down. 

Honored Contributor

I don't really care if you like them or not.  I do.

Honored Contributor

Just tonight as I was catching up on my DVR Denim and Co clothes, I was thinking...I've had it with trying to make that cold shoulder thing work for me.....it doesn't look good....as a matter of fact...it looks terrible!

I'm not ordering anymore cold shoulder...I'm tired for sending them back, every one of the them...no more..period.

Trusted Contributor

Some are pretty, some are just ugly! Tight sweater cold-shoulders don't do some any favors. Wearing with vests or work smocks looks strange. I've seen some bad combos. But some out there can be really cute.

Honored Contributor

I did not like this trend when I first saw it, but we might be getting a break as another trendy top seems to be taking 1st place: the elasticized neck, off the shoulder look.

Uh, no! I already have broad shoulders & these tops exaggerate that. I also have never found a strapless bra that stays up except one of those long line deals I wore w/ my wedding gown. In a hot humid summer? A corset? Yuck.