Valued Contributor

@Hippiified wrote:

@Jayhawk Girl Logo has many nice fabrics, not just rayon.

I know,but when I see something really cute, it seems to be the rayon span. It looks so cute but just awful on me!

I love my family, my fur boys, my Jayhawks and accounting!
Honored Contributor

@Jayhawk Girl wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Jayhawk Girl

I've been trying to remember your nick, because while I'm watching 'Cash Cab', the question a few minutes ago was, what team's fans are know by 'RockChalkJayhawk'?

I immediately thought of you, LOL!

That’s awesome! Did you get the correct answer?.

@Jayhawk Girl

Yep! But only from reading your posts, LOL!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

Too trendy for me.  Some also look ill-fitted on the most fit models.  

Esteemed Contributor

I think cold shoulder is passe  and never owned one and definitely won't buy one this season.  I try to buy for more than one season.

Honored Contributor

@TheMemphisVette wrote:

you are in the minority.

but why would that matter?

wear what you like.

I agree. Some of us like wearing new styles and we do. If it doesn't work for you, don't buy it 

Valued Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Jayhawk Girl  I total agree.  I do not like the cold shoulder thing....it looks cheap and like you want attention. I am 62.... I do not want to look Sexy or try to get attention. I do not want cut outs on the shoulders, or on the chest like a peekaboo opening....JUST TACKY!

I also do not want holes/ rips  in my pants!  Ok for a a teen or 20 year old....  not me. 

100% agree!!  Actually at our age with ripped jeans we would look like we're trying to be 30.  No cold shoulder, yuk!  Or any Lori G clothes - although they're somewhat cute, not at my age.  I just bought a cute navy/white striped top for jeans and cant believe how nice it looks - classic and I feel good in it.  I guess wear what makes you feel good!  lol

Honored Contributor

I can't say I "try"to be any age.  I simply buy and wear what I like.  I'd love it if some of you hyper critical women posted photos of what you wear!

Respected Contributor

I have tried some cold shoulder tops that don't work for me, but I have one basic black cold shoulder top by Susan Graver that I really like.  Not all fashions look good on me, but I love them on other people.  I don't dress for my age.  I wear what I love and what is flattering on me.

http://www.qvc.com/Susan-Graver-Textured-Liquid-Knit-Cold-Shoulder-Top.product.A288475.html

Valued Contributor

Re: Can’t do it

[ Edited ]

I didn’t start this post to bash those that like these things. I meant that they look like dog doo doo on ME!  I’m not bashing anyone’s personal style or fashion taste.  So, please don’t call me hypercritical.  You don’t know me well enough for that.

I love my family, my fur boys, my Jayhawks and accounting!
Honored Contributor

@Jayhawk Girl wrote:

I didn’t start this post to bash those that like these things. I meant that they look like dog doo doo on ME!  I’m not bashing anyone’s personal style or fashion taste.  So, please don’t call me hypercritical.  You don’t know me well enough for that.

If you're talking about my response, it had nothing to do with your OP.  Other responses that followed stated things such as ....only very young women should wear such styles, or that some of us aren't dressing appropriately, according to some arbitrary "rules".