Super Contributor

Can't Wait to Go Fishing....

January Spring 201411

The LIMOGES BLUE MOCK NECK, A87423, is now avail for ordering. The Limoges blue is the new gorgeous color added to this very popular MOCK NECK SWEATER……..I can say that, because with this new color, this is the fourth time this sweater has be reordered. I have offered you quite a few mock neck sweaters, and each one is quite different……so I will explain the differences……..First, this mock neck is 60% cotton and 40% acrylic, unlike the WK which is a rayon and nylon blend. This entire sweater is in the ENR stitch…..making THIS SWEATER in THIS YARN in THIS STITCH a little heavier than the WK. It has the RETRO LOOK and SPACE AGE LOOK of an Andre Courreges sweater of the 60s and 70s. He was and still is a very famous French designer who claims the mini skirt as his invention……of course Mary Quant has something to say about that……back to the sweater. The weight and thickness of this sweater is very forgiving and hence very flattering. It is a true ELBOW sleeve length……To sum it up……the major differences are the yarn, the weight and the all over ENR construction, which is unique to this particular sweater……………Above, I have simply paired the sweater with a vintage brushed cotton Linea white skirt……and…..Linea jewelry….some avail. NOW, and some to come this spring. The FISH PENDANT….the WIRE CUFF……the CHUBBY HOOP are all coming this spring…..The ENAMEL WATCH, J277885, has great reviews, and in the BLUE/SILVER combo is going to look perfect with the SILVER FISH with the BLUE EYE!……Also, the SILVER PANTHER LINK WATCH, J273959 is a classic must have….simply because it work with everything and has a wonderful presence. Both watches are available NOW. ………This is a year round sweater, and is the perfect piece to layer under jackets, and it makes a strong enough statement to wear on its’ own………..scroll down………………enjoy…………………….. much Love…………………..Louis

Respected Contributor

Re: Can't Wait to Go Fishing....

Good one! LOL!

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Respected Contributor

Respected Contributor

Love the necklace and bracelet !
New Contributor

I managed to hook the gold earrings and am now ready for the necklaces. Good luck to all that want the necklace(s).

Valued Contributor

Here, fishy, fishy, fishy!

I have two of the yellow gold fish necklaces. Can't wait for the silver!

Respected Contributor

On 2/5/2014 Belle_Femme said:

Here, fishy, fishy, fishy!

I have two of the yellow gold fish necklaces. Can't wait for the silver!

Belle, I was in South Africa last January and was up in the middle of the night and had the opportunity to order the Fish necklace, but it appeared to be too big for me and I just didn't think I could pull it off, so I hesitated until it was too late. Wondering if I should go for it this time? How do you wear the two of them? Or is one just a back-up? I also thought the earrings were too long for me.

Ironically, I used to have a fish scale pendant on a chain with a clear crystal eye--bought it in 1980 for probably $10 or less---it was only a little over an inch long...I thought I had lost it, but lo and behold, I found it in a box hidden in the back of a closet just about the time Louis' fish pendant debuted...made me chuckle. It's too small to wear now---I'd like something just a bit in between. Maybe I'll go for the Silver...I think if I pass it up again I'll be kicking myself.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Occasional Contributor

I think the fish necklace is beautiful but am curious to know if it has any cultural or religious significance. I looked online and see similar necklaces but am wondering if there is any underlying meaning to it. I'll just wear it and enjoy it but was wondering if there is a story behind it as to me it is unusual. Thanks for any input.

Respected Contributor

On 2/4/2014 onewhiteSparrow said:

I have the goldtone fish necklace and men love that necklace. They always say something about the fish necklace. I plan on getting the silvertone when it comes out.

It hangs nice on the chest... in a good spot too.

What an excellent selling point. I'll bite (pun intended).

Esteemed Contributor

Sheesh, I know what you mean. I returned the pendant last year. I am by no means a small person, but I found the pendant to be a bit too large and too shiny for my taste. I think it looks quite different in the silve rtone- in a good way. I can see why some Linea ladies will want both. I managed to score an original AK multi- fish necklace that Louis showed back in the day. I love it and have no need for another.