Honored Contributor

@Snowhite714  Thanks for your response.  It only bothers me that it doesn't match.  If people notice, most don't comment.  A few have said, "I like the way your jewelry matches your outfit".  

I just make myself feel good.  Like I said, I don't go many places (just running errands) so it's not like it really matters, just to me.

I've told my friend I eat with I really believe GOD put us together (we're both widows).  She is a person who just isn't happy most of the time.  That's the best way I know to describe her.

My girls always say, "I don't know why you eat with her Mom, if she is mean to you".  But she isn't really mean, she just is curt.  I'm not perfect.  I complain to her too (about various things).  I do think that I've helped her though to understand life isn't all bad and there's good things in life. 

Sometimes I do find myself feeling really down.  Then when I think about it, I realize she's getting to me.  I take a break from her for a day or two and maybe visit my daughter or meet up with another friend.  She can be a kind person and is often nice to me.  I've learned to be able to just 'blow it off'.

I refuse to give up on her because she has some very good qualities.  I know she cares about me.  I now point out some of the things she says that bothers me.  

I'm really her only friend other than her sister so I don't want to alienate her.  Like I said, it's a two-way street.  I don't know anyone who's perfect and like I've said here, I must get something from the friendship because we are friends.

Valued Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@Snowhite714  Thanks for your response.  It only bothers me that it doesn't match.  If people notice, most don't comment.  A few have said, "I like the way your jewelry matches your outfit".  

I just make myself feel good.  Like I said, I don't go many places (just running errands) so it's not like it really matters, just to me.

I've told my friend I eat with I really believe GOD put us together (we're both widows).  She is a person who just isn't happy most of the time.  That's the best way I know to describe her.

My girls always say, "I don't know why you eat with her Mom, if she is mean to you".  But she isn't really mean, she just is curt.  I'm not perfect.  I complain to her too (about various things).  I do think that I've helped her though to understand life isn't all bad and there's good things in life. 

Sometimes I do find myself feeling really down.  Then when I think about it, I realize she's getting to me.  I take a break from her for a day or two and maybe visit my daughter or meet up with another friend.  She can be a kind person and is often nice to me.  I've learned to be able to just 'blow it off'.

I refuse to give up on her because she has some very good qualities.  I know she cares about me.  I now point out some of the things she says that bothers me.  

I'm really her only friend other than her sister so I don't want to alienate her.  Like I said, it's a two-way street.  I don't know anyone who's perfect and like I've said here, I must get something from the friendship because we are friends.

@Annabellethecat66 First of all a belated Happy Mother's Day to you.  And you are a good friend but yes you need to distance yourself when you find your friend bringing you down.  I'm sorry for her unhappiness, but thank goodness she has you for a friend.  Hopefully she can find her way to brighter days, life is just too short to spend so much time in a 'funk.'

And you're right, NONE of us is perfect although many of us think that we are.  Be the best friend that you can be.

It's been a pleasure 'talking' to you.  Stay in touch and be well.

Honored Contributor

Yay ! it's blue ! not green.   Wanted it more turquoise.

Got my Logo jacket too . Perfect fit . Actually fits at the shoulder seams

Trouble is now it's hot here hahhahahah

guess I can wear it to cold a/c areas.