Super Contributor

Can anyone tell me if the "how comfy" jeans are a heavier material?

I was just watching the presentation on these jeans and wondering if these are going to be too hot for summer? I have a pair of the Quaker knit jeans and they are very heavy, used them when I was in MI, but if anyone owes a pair of these jeans, would you please comment on the weight of these? Living in So. Cal. I really don't want to buy these if the material is going to be too heavy for spring/summer. Thank you!!Smile

Valued Contributor

Re: Can anyone tell me if the ""how comfy"" jeans are a heavier material?

I was wondering if they are similar to Dream Jeannes too. I bought a pair of cobalt blue DJ's a few weeks ago, and they are really nice and warm for now, but I agree they would be hot in the summer. I like the brighter colors the DJ's come in better than the D and Co. muted colors.

Are they the same fabric?

Super Contributor

mtnbikegirl - I should have thought of that - so I went and checked both jeans and they are exactly the same - 96% cotton and 4% spandex........ soooooooo I guess they might be too heavy for summer. Hopefully someone who has both will still post their opinion.

Esteemed Contributor

Too hot for summer, IMO. I have one pair of each. Not the same fabric, but close.

Valued Contributor

On 2/28/2014 queendiva said:

Too hot for summer, IMO. I have one pair of each. Not the same fabric, but close.

thanks! For my cold northeast climate, they work. In the summer, too hot/humid, absolutely!

Sunniegirl- So. Cal. my friend comes from San Diego...sounds like dreamy weather to me! I'm jealous!!!

Super Contributor

thanks Queendiva - you saved me from ordering and having to return them!!

Mtnbikegirl - San Diego is beautiful - I am north about 1 1-2 hrs. near the beach. Today we are having much needed rain - Unfortunately people in CA don't slow down when it rains - sad but there will be at least 100+ accidents today...... the freeways are so slick when it rains here..... Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

I returned mine... but yes they are of a very heavy spandex hot material. I could not see wearing them in hot summer weather.