Honored Contributor

Can anyone recommend a good brand of trouser socks?

I am looking for socks that won't ride down at the heel, into the back of my shoe when walking, for lack of a better description. I guess knee highs might be my only option? Thank you for your help.

Honored Contributor

Re: Can anyone recommend a good brand of trouser socks?

I don't have the sliding issue -

But - I get all my trouser socks at either LandsEnd or OneHanesPlace dot com.  

Honored Contributor

Linea work well for me.

Honored Contributor

I have a long (size 11) narrowish foot so I buy long men's thin dress socks at Walmart.  They come up to my knee, are very comfortable and I have no trouble with them shifting around.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I have the same problem with trouser socks.  I hoped the Linea socks would work, but they did not work for me at all.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

I highly recommend Legacy socks.  QVC has a big selection.  They're not listed as a brand they carry, but type in Legacy and you'll see all their products.  Tights, stockings, socks and compression socks, they're the best.  They all stay in place, great brand!

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 

Usually socks sliding down are from the way we walk.  You may be slightly sliding in your shoes and not realising it.

Esteemed Contributor

I have many pairs to Gold Toe socks - several lengths and colors. You can check out their site Goldtoe dot com - and it takes u to Amazon. In the past I ordered from their site. Very comfortable and fits well - and lasts forever. They always have sales.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Trinity11 

Usually socks sliding down are from the way we walk.  You may be slightly sliding in your shoes and not realising it.

@ECBG , I was told (pre-Covid) at The Walking Company, a shoe store at the mall, that because my foot is so narrow with a narrow heel, it will be difficult to find socks that fit.

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@Trinity11 

@ECBG , I was told (pre-Covid) at The Walking Company, a shoe store at the mall, that because my foot is so narrow with a narrow heel, it will be difficult to find socks that fit.

@Trinity11 

Also try Foot Smart on line.  They have everything for the feet.