Valued Contributor

Re: Can anyone explain why Peace Love World and Barefoot Dreams are so expensive

they are celebrity endorsed products

Honored Contributor

Re: Can anyone explain why Peace Love World and Barefoot Dreams are so expensive

@wakefield64As long as you're happy with the cheaper material, why worry about what it costs to buy the other?

Since I was quite young and sewing some of my own clothes, I've been a fabric snob.  When I can see or feel a difference from one piece of fabric to the other, I try to buy as close to my real choice as I can afford.  That doesn't mean I don't buy Walmart;  in fact, last night I wore a top that came from Walmart over 20 years ago! 

I have no interest in Peace, Love, World at any price, but I do know Barefoot Dreams because I've shopped it locally.  I own one piece -  do I need more in southern Florida?  No, so it's not its price keeping me away.  I love the fabric and if I ever move back into a different climate, I'd look more. Maybe then I'd try QVC's BFD -  their priceson it  are no higher than local and often less. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have no intrest un BD !!!    Who cares what people wear in California, I'm a Jersey Girl.......

My heart and life is wraped up in  Cuddl Duds......

and if CD doesn't have it........

I buy Anybody.......QvC's brand...........

Live and Sleep in them   <3

Esteemed Contributor

I bought a Barefoot Dreams hooded tunic-length cardigan a few years ago.  It was a "special" price of like $80.  I have never worn it and it is still in the bag at the bottom of my closet.  It is nice, but I live in a warm climate.  When it does get cold, that is not what I think of to wear.  I am going to have to force myself to wear it a few times, otherwise, it was a complete waste of money.  I don't know what I was thinking.  But anytime I get tempted to buy anything like that again, all I have to do is think of the bag at the bottom of my closet.  What is wrong with me ???????????

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

Re: Can anyone explain why Peace Love World and Barefoot Dream there is nos are so expensive

JMO, because that is what the market will bear. 

Respected Contributor

Peace Love World is not for me, but I love Barefoot Dreams. I have a dozen pieces and don’t think any of them were overpriced.
Honored Contributor

@Unhooked42 wrote:

I don't get it, don't like barefoot dream material, looks like a towel. 

I think they look bathrobey.

Super Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

@Unhooked42 wrote:

I don't get it, don't like barefoot dream material, looks like a towel. 

I think they look bathrobey.

That too.  

Honored Contributor

PUPPY LIPS:

You should take that item out and at least drape it on a chair and use it as a throw.

Or re-gift it.  Or donate it.

It's a shame to let it sit in a bag in your closet.

(Said in a nice way Heart , as though I'm saying it to myself.)

And, I also have items in my closet with tags.........just waiting for the right time to take them out and finally wear them!  

As a matter of fact, today I'm going to hang a few more items on my rolling rack, so I'll be able to see and wear them!

Thanks for 'reminding me'.  Heart

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).