Honored Contributor

Re: Can I wear white pants to a wedding?

I wonder if those who think it bad form to wear white pants to a wedding would feel the same way about a white blouse?  Supposed OP were wearing a white blouse and blue pants?

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

I wonder if those who think it bad form to wear white pants to a wedding would feel the same way about a white blouse?  Supposed OP were wearing a white blouse and blue pants?

@QueenDanceALot   Yes.  Why must one wear white?  I mean really, don't you have other choices?

I worked as a photographer is part of my long working life, and I always think about the photos.  There are the photos and wouldn't it look better if the bride were the ONLY one wearing white?  Really do you want to look at the photos and see splots of white other than the bride?

Again:  WHY do it?  Why MUST one other than the bride also show up sporting white?   

Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

Here's my question:  WHY do it?  Do you only have a white item to wear?  If that is the case, and the Salvation Army or Good Will has no suitable alternative, the perhaps.

But my question is WHY do it if there is any chance someone would think something about it, or think it looks bad in the photos?  What's the point here? 

...because white pants are a quintessential summer staple.

...because people don't live by antiquated rules any more

...because a guest MiGHT be in one or two un-posed photos

...because white pants and a color top don't stick out in photos.

...because summer clothing is normally light colored and white never looks out of place with soft summer colors.

Honored Contributor

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

Here's my question:  WHY do it?  Do you only have a white item to wear?  If that is the case, and the Salvation Army or Good Will has no suitable alternative, the perhaps.

But my question is WHY do it if there is any chance someone would think something about it, or think it looks bad in the photos?  What's the point here? 

...because summer clothing is normally light colored and white never looks out of place with soft summer colors.

@Sooner 

Yeah, what she said.

Cat Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Sooner 

Yeah, what she said.

Cat Very Happy

AND because we don't to do anything that might smack of being traditional!  I'd see that as being important to add to the list.  Along with we insist on having our way. 

Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Sooner 

Yeah, what she said.

Cat Very Happy

AND because we don't to do anything that might smack of being traditional!  I'd see that as being important to add to the list.  Along with we insist on having our way. 

Don't you mean your way?

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Sooner 

I really can't recall seeing any wedding photos where someone with some white in their outfit detracted from the photos or made them look bad.

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Sooner 

I really can't recall seeing any wedding photos where someone with some white in their outfit detracted from the photos or made them look bad.

@QueenDanceALot   SInce you want to know, as a professional photog for MANY years, I probably look at photos differently that. you do.  Again, I'm going to ask: Is that all you have to wear?  That's my point here.  WHY do it?  WHY argue about it?  What's the point? 

Honored Contributor

i would not......go with the black pants if they match. i just avoid white altogether at a wedding.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Sooner 

@QueenDanceALot   SInce you want to know, as a professional photog for MANY years, I probably look at photos differently that. you do.  Again, I'm going to ask: Is that all you have to wear?  That's my point here.  WHY do it?  WHY argue about it?  What's the point? 

@Sooner 

I don't want to argue about it.

I just don't have a problem with it, and it looks like a lot of other people don't either.  We just don't see it as a faux pax or a slap to the happy couple,  But we aren't professional photographers, so...

If it makes your eyes bleed (not just you, but anyone else), maybe you need to specify NO WHITE ON ANY GUESTS on your invitation.