Respected Contributor

Re: Can I wear my lounge wear in public?

[ Edited ]

At the big retailer with a "W," you would be overdressed!  LOL.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have seen some real doozies out there, not even sure I would call them "loungewear". I'm pretty sure I would not wear some of this attire in my own house. However, if someone wants to wear this TSV to the store or out and about, it's their choice and perhaps we should not judge them. 

I also believe it's how we carry ourselves in our clothing. If we are confident with ourselves and how we look, I think some could carry this off pretty well. It's their choice. 

Respected Contributor

@Pook wrote:

To me, most loungewear does not even resemble pj's and usually is worn for comfort.  The tsv does not look  like nightwear and seems overdressed for going to bed to me!  Unless someone is real conservative and still dresses like women did years ago when going outside the house then that material and style is fine for casual wear.  My thought is wear what you think appropriate for you and let others do the same!

I have lots of these casual clothes. I wear them around the house ,on my porch, out to the mailbox, whereever. I don't go shopping in them, Who really cares what someone wears.? 

Respected Contributor

I wouldn’t wear this set out, but I might incorporate the pieces as separates. I would probably wear the tank and cardigan with some crops or the pants with a pullover and ballet flats.
Respected Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

I'm not sure I'd wear the TSV to bed, but I definitely would NOT wear it out and about...not even to go across the street to get my mail.

haha you should come to my street someday. We all run around in our night clothes, even take walks in our PJs and slippers out the street, no prudes where I live. I guess I live on happy street, do what you want, it's no ones business.

Esteemed Contributor

@HLP wrote:

@Krimpette wrote:

I'm not sure I'd wear the TSV to bed, but I definitely would NOT wear it out and about...not even to go across the street to get my mail.

haha you should come to my street someday. We all run around in our night clothes, even take walks in our PJs and slippers out the street, no prudes where I live. I guess I live on happy street, do what you want, it's no ones business.

Love it @HLP 

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

They are selling a product so you cannot take anything they say seriously.  Qvc obviously has sunk many millions of dollars into pj's across all the fashion brands and they have to sell them.  So the hosts are talking foolishness to make sales.  In my world, I can sleep in my lounge wear.  I can lounge in my pj's.  But that is as far as it goes.  I don't wear them to the grocery store or out to eat breakfast or to neighborhood events.

Regular Contributor

This is a joke right? If it isn't, no, please don't wear your pajamas out in public. People will talk and I would hate for you to be embarrased.

Honored Contributor

If I got it in the dark gray to travel with, I would wear it to bed and I would wear it down to the gift shop if I needed something like a toothbrush, etc.  Wear it down the hall for ice or something, etc.

Would I hang out downstairs in it?  No.  But an emergency trip down, no problem!  With real shoes and a purse.   I doubt I'd get a second look.