Trusted Contributor

Can I wear my lounge wear in public?

Big no.  I wish hosts would stop pushing this nonsense.   Today's tsv looks like pajamas in any context.  Would I go to a hotel lobby in this to get a cup of coffee? Only with avery  long coat over it.  Pj's should sell on their own merits, not as something they are not.

Honored Contributor

Re: Can I wear my lounge wear in public?

To me, most loungewear does not even resemble pj's and usually is worn for comfort.  The tsv does not look  like nightwear and seems overdressed for going to bed to me!  Unless someone is real conservative and still dresses like women did years ago when going outside the house then that material and style is fine for casual wear.  My thought is wear what you think appropriate for you and let others do the same!

Super Contributor

I hate how sloppy everyone is now.  Even some of the young girls look horrible in tight pants.  And I sure don't want to see anything private.  

Valued Contributor

A no, no.

Honored Contributor

I'm not sure I'd wear the TSV to bed, but I definitely would NOT wear it out and about...not even to go across the street to get my mail.

Esteemed Contributor

Using today's TSV as an example it's a huge NO for me.  I can't see myself in a store in a pink 96% polyester 4% span set.  I wouldn't even open the door in that outfit.  I'm all about comfort and casual but not pj's in public. 

If it's your thing go for it.  

Trusted Contributor

@Pook wrote:

To me, most loungewear does not even resemble pj's and usually is worn for comfort.  The tsv does not look  like nightwear and seems overdressed for going to bed to me!  Unless someone is real conservative and still dresses like women did years ago when going outside the house then that material and style is fine for casual wear.  My thought is wear what you think appropriate for you and let others do the same!

I think there is a huge space between dressing like women did years ago and dressing appropriately and not sloppily.  IMHO, the tsv looks like something that should only be worn indoors, whether to bed or not. However, I do agree that we should all wear what we think is appropriate for ourselves.

Honored Contributor

Some lounge ware can be worn outside, but IMO the TSV is not in that category. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

For me, it's a big no.  There's a reason it's called lounge wear.  I don't own any "lounge" wear, but I would treat it the same as I would the sweat pants I sometimes wear around the house if I shower later in the day.  Something to tide me over until it's time to put on my PJ's, but I don't want to go to the trouble of putting on jeans and a bra and T-shirt.  And I don't consider my PJ's lounge wear and wear them all day.  I would hate to go to bed in the clothes I wore all day long.  But, then again, I also don't want to go to bed in an un-made bed.  

Honored Contributor

I bought a few of these outfits last year and two so far this year.  My goal was to get out of my winter uniform of sweatpants and a sweatshirt.  That's around the house.  Going to town means a pair of jeans and a decent top.  So my answer is no, these outfits are for the house, and maybe your understanding neighbor's for coffee.