Honored Contributor

Re: Can I take a large brooch on an airline

You can take it.  I only travel with my watch.  I like to keep belongings to a minimum.  

Respected Contributor

I got pulled over because of my underwire braWoman Surprised

Honored Contributor

my underwires have never been a problem.....i wonder why some do and some dont?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@lavendar wrote:

How do you sign up for preTSV? I'll be wearing high boots, etc.

@lavendar

it is $85 for 5 years......here is more information.

180 airports, 30 airlines

https://www.tsa.gov/precheck

If you travel international get Global Entry!  It is $100 but what an incredible time saver.  tsa precheck comes with it for free for any domestic travel

Honored Contributor

@qbetzforreal wrote:

TSA Pre-check is a program where you don't have to remove or take anything off when going through security.  You can sign up online.  I love it.  Pre-check line is always shorter.

@qbetzforreal

Wow! I wonder if the terrorists are aware that they can put some explosive or weapon in their shoe but simply sign up on line to get it past security?

I feel very safe now...

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Andreatoo wrote:

@qbetzforreal wrote:

TSA Pre-check is a program where you don't have to remove or take anything off when going through security.  You can sign up online.  I love it.  Pre-check line is always shorter.

@qbetzforreal

Wow! I wonder if the terrorists are aware that they can put some explosive or weapon in their shoe but simply sign up on line to get it past security?

I feel very safe now...

@Andreatooyou should!  There is a full check and a face to face interview, so it's not like they give it out to everyone who applies. I suppose it is the reality of the world in which we live ---  there is really no sense in worrying about any of this or else you never leave your house.  A terrotist can simply walk up to any line at the airport (which as you may have seen has already been done recently in Turkey) or drive up with a truck full of explosives and...

Respected Contributor

Re: precheck. is the only difference that you don't have to take of clothes? I assume that's the only difference. I don't fly enough to pay the money.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lavendar wrote:

Re: precheck. is the only difference that you don't have to take of clothes? I assume that's the only difference. I don't fly enough to pay the money.

Actually there is also a separate line usually with a couple of people rather than the wind around large crowd typically waiting to get through security.  I travel a lot both domestically and abroad so it is well worth the 20/year that it ends up costing.  Of course if you don't travel much and don't mind the security ines, it's not something you need.

Honored Contributor

@NJgirl 1205 wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

@qbetzforreal wrote:

@qbetzforreal

I feel very safe now...

@Andreatooyou should!  There is a full check and a face to face interview, so it's not like they give it out to everyone who applies. I suppose it is the reality of the world in which we live ---  there is really no sense in worrying about any of this or else you never leave your house.  A terrotist can simply walk up to any line at the airport (which as you may have seen has already been done recently in Turkey) or drive up with a truck full of explosives and...

@NJgirl 1205

According to the other poster you 'don't have to take anything off'. I know you and the others taking advantage of this free pass through security aren't responsible for it but security is in place for a reason; the idea that one can sign up online to avoid the complete security 'package' is absurd!

Why bother any of us with it if you can simply 'opt out' ?

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Andreatoothere is still security just not at the same level because they do it BEFORE you ever get to the airport when screening you for the program.  Taking shoes off only started after one idiot decided to bring it onboard.  Will likely never happen again but the whole world has been forced to take off their shoes.  Now that is absurd. 

As I said there is a vetting process.  Not everyone hwo applies get is but as I said, it doesn't matter in our new reality.  You can't put screeners at the exit ramps of airports.