Respected Contributor

Re: Can I press this velour top?

If I use a towel on the inside, fuzzies can be shaken out or gotten with a sticky lint roller.  

Honored Contributor

@Another new name Sue wrote:

If I use a towel on the inside, fuzzies can be shaken out or gotten with a sticky lint roller.  

Yes they can, but I wouldn't want to go to that trouble, esp. after the trouble of trying to get the wrinkles out in the first place!

Respected Contributor

I would just turn it inside out and throw it in the dryer for around 10 minutes with a wet towel or washcloth. I use this method all the time but I also have (and love) my professional steamer that DH surprised me with a few years back.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I put in the dryer on permanent press with a damp towel (pink, the jacket is red) for about 3-4 minutes.  Slight wrinkle on a sleeve, but it's vastly improved, and I don't want to leave it in the dryer any longer.  It looks so much better, the dryer even fluffed up the velour a bit.  I'm looking forward to wearing it tonight!  Thanks again, and best holiday wishes to each of you. 

P.S. Christmas Day is often warm in CA, but this year it is cool, so I'm looking forward to wearing the jacket.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

Yes they can, but I wouldn't want to go to that trouble, esp. after the trouble of trying to get the wrinkles out in the first place!

NAT:  How much trouble is throwing a dryer sheet of bounce in the dyrer?  

Honored Contributor

@namealreadytaken wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

NAT:  How much trouble is throwing a dryer sheet of bounce in the dyrer?  

That wasn't the "trouble."  The using the sticky link roller is.  <rolleyes>

Esteemed Contributor

I washed a black velour top from D&C yesterday. Then I put it in the dryer for 10 minutes, hung it on a hanger damp, this morning it looks brand new. I have a steamer, but didn't need it.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Esteemed Contributor

I would steam it. If you don't have a steamer then let it hang in the bathroom or laundry room and see if that helps.