Super Contributor

Re: Can I just say something to the world in general?

I especially don't like to see leggings with heels. Some hosts on HSN wear leggings with too short tops and high heels. "Dress them up with your heels and wear to work", they say. No thanks, I don't want to look like I forgot to put on my pants .
Honored Contributor

I love my leggings, and I have a wardrobe of them.

Performance leggings for power walks and working out.  These fit almost like shapewear, and really hold you in the most. I wear them with sneakers.

Other leggings that are form-fitting, but not performance-tight, I wear with tunic-length tops & hoodies or longer jackets.  I wear these anywhere I would wear a nice pair of jeans.  I pair them with sneakers, boots, flat sandals, etc. 

Then there are my fleece leggings (like Cuddl Duds) that I wear at home in the cold months, and are fine for walking the dog, getting the mail, and making quick trips to the store.

I draw the line at patterns & prints though.  I only wear solid color leggings.  Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

To each his own!  I wear them and like them.

Honored Contributor

I wear Spanx Jeanish jean leggings. So am I hated because I wear and prefer to wear tight jeans? So be it. I surely wouldn't be wearing them if I looks horrible in them. I love the way I look in legging jeans. Especially with high boots! Sexy! 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

Oh how I wish this was our main concern....

@faeriemoon wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

Oh for the good-old days when things like leggings were considered problems. . . 

@Sooner You're right about that for sure.

Honored Contributor

This co-worker certainly gets around, I think I saw her too Smiley Very Happy

@drizzellla wrote:

@RedTop wrote:

2 former coworkers fell in love with stirrup pants and leggings, and made them their work attire.   It was not a pretty sight, especially since both women were over 350 lbs.  

Neither wore tunics with their leggings, so the view was as bad from the front, as from the back.   

I choose to wear real pants.  

I think I saw one of your coworkers at the supermarket. The fabric was stretched so much. The leggings were a much lighter color where the fabric was stretched to their limit.

I must say I was impressed with the fabric that it was able to stretch as much as it did.

And the way she was struting around she seemed quite proud of herself.

So a win win all around. She was quite proud of herself and the leggings were holding up.

Trusted Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

I wear Spanx Jeanish jean leggings. So am I hated because I wear and prefer to wear tight jeans? So be it. I surely wouldn't be wearing them if I looks horrible in them. I love the way I look in legging jeans. Especially with high boots! Sexy! 

@ID2 I'm right with you! I love Spanx faux leather leggings with high heel booties, and my hubby loves them too. Smiley Wink

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd@drizzellla 

LOL!

My coworkers loved the leggings because they were soft, warm, reasonably priced, and in style.  I know both were happy to be able to wear something that was in style, and available in their size.  Sadly, neither bought high quality leggings, so everyone in the office was familiar with the color fading and wear and tear from overly stretched fabric.   

No one else in that office wore leggings to work!

Trusted Contributor

Mostly, I don’t think leggings look nice on anyone as pants. I’m talking the thin clingy leggings - not jogger type skinny pants. Leggings only belong with a tunic. I’ve seen women who aren’t overweight wearing leggings with a short tip and they still don’t look nice.
Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

I can't stand pink hair and tatted up people looks like jungle warriors.

EXCUSE ME?

Please say you are joking with those comments....jungle warriors?  What is that supposed to mean???

On second thought...please don't.

That comment needs to be ignored.