Valued Contributor

Re: Campfire fire paradise ca

quacker 5.jpgHeartWoman Very HappyHeart

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lisa14

That's a great story! Thank you for sharing. It's also the second time today I've heard the name of your city mentioned! There was a short article on Yahoo this morning with a video of a firefighter that had found a cat in the midst of all the ruin and the cat was riding on his shoulder while he inspected the area!

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you for sharing your story.  So sad you lost your home.  I can't even imagine.  It's wonderful that you escaped and are well...  but really funny that you received a pretty QF shirt.  Heartwarming tale.  A sign for your happy future, I hope.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@Lisa14 No words are adequate, including I'm so sorry. My heart breaks for everyone who has lost so much in CA. We are with you

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

TAke it as a good sign, that things are going to get better , for everyone..Blessings to everyone ,who has had to go through this

Trusted Contributor

@Lisa14: Oh, I am so very sorry. I cannot begin to fathom the trauma and this loss. It's more than possessions. I hope you had time to get important and legal papers out.

Good to know you are safe. God bless

Honored Contributor

@Lisa14, I am so glad that you are are fine. What a nightmare.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

@Lisa14 wrote:
I am one of the people who escaped the fire last Thursday. We lost everything but I wanted to share one great thing. At the shelter last Friday a woman tossed me a tee shirt and said "this looks like your size" I looked at it and it is a quacker factory tee. It's so pretty and makes me happy in all this sadness.
I can only imagine Jeanne Bice looking down and smiling.

Lisa, I am so very sorry you lost your home in the horrific fire that destroyed Paradise.  My heart goes out to you and your family and others who are facing so much uncertainty in the near future.  My family lived in Paradise for many years so I am very familiar with it.  I looked up the address of the house where we lived and it (and the entire street) has been burned into ashes.

I hope you find housing soon, and that you can find some kind of "normal" as the days pass.  I am just devastated at the magnitude of the losses in that beautiful little town.  Just so glad YOU are safe.