New Contributor
I am one of the people who escaped the fire last Thursday. We lost everything but I wanted to share one great thing. At the shelter last Friday a woman tossed me a tee shirt and said "this looks like your size" I looked at it and it is a quacker factory tee. It's so pretty and makes me happy in all this sadness.
I can only imagine Jeanne Bice looking down and smiling.
New Contributor

Re: Campfire fire paradise ca

Esteemed Contributor

So glad you are safe! Sorry for this tragedy that you are going through. Thanks for sharing such a sweet story. Hang in there!

Respected Contributor

Just remember that this too shall pass!  Stay well!  And thank you for sharing the Quacker tee story!

Esteemed Contributor

@Lisa14  In the midst of upheaval, thank you for bringing a smile to our faces. Know that all of the residents are in our hearts and thoughts. Blessings to you and yours. Stay safe! 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

@Lisa14Quack quack....I am sorry for your losses but happy to hear that you made it out...maybe with not much for possessions but you have your strong spirit.Happy thanksgiving and I pray for a better 2019.Be safe,be well and be happy...thanks for your post.

Trusted Contributor

My cousin and his wife evacuated to Sacramento.  I think they probably lost their house also.  Prayers for everyone.

Honored Contributor

@Lisa14 wrote:
I am one of the people who escaped the fire last Thursday. We lost everything but I wanted to share one great thing. At the shelter last Friday a woman tossed me a tee shirt and said "this looks like your size" I looked at it and it is a quacker factory tee. It's so pretty and makes me happy in all this sadness.
I can only imagine Jeanne Bice looking down and smiling.

@Lisa14  So sorry to hear you lost everything...but so happy you got out safe.  Where are you staying now? Is your insurance company there for you in this time of need? 

Esteemed Contributor

I'm glad you found something to smile about! What a coincidence that the shirt happened to be Quacker Factory! 

I was fortunate to see Jean at a QVC tour show, and I feel she must have been telling you that things will get better! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lisa14-

Oh wow-your post made me cry.

I'm glad you are here and what a beautiful spirit you have.

All you have been through, you must see the wonder in little things now and be grateful. I hope you will have many more of these moments that help to heal your heart.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"