Honored Contributor

I managed to fall, fracturing my R humerus, up by my shoulder.  I have surgery scheduled this Tuesday.  I am looking online for button-down, short-sleeved shirts to make dressing myself easier during recovery.  Anyone know a good online source?

I will read all responses but may not respond.  

Respected Contributor

Susan Graver has nice camp shirts.

Valued Contributor

Oh, that must be so painful.  So sorry about your injury.  I looked on Amazon and saw Joe's USA short-sleeved shirt in 32 colors.  The pic was of a lavender blouse.  

All the best to you now, during surgery, and while you heal.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Camp Shirts

[ Edited ]

So sorry you are injured. Hope you have an easy recovery. 

I’m very comfortable in camp shirts in the summer and have bought many in nice fabrics, that fit well, and are affordably priced at Clothing Warehouse online. That type of casual top is a mainstay on that site. Good selection of brands, but nothing “designer”.  I particularly like the brand Ultraclub for the camp shirts there. You can order online or by phone. Mods here won’t allow a link, so look up the name of the company just as I wrote it. Very quick shipping at reasonable rates and everything always seems to be in stock. 

Camp shirts are just right for dressing yourself when you have  limited range of motion. I think Clothing Warehouse will show you a good selection when you use “camp shirts” in their search box. Feel better soon. 

Honored Contributor

Tansy ,I am so sorry to hear this.  I will say a wee prayer for your recovery, God speed my friend.

I don't have a suggestion, but ,I think that will be a good choice for your recovery..

Honored Contributor

@tansy,

Try Kohl's, JCPenney's, Boscov's online , I always find camp shirts online.

Good luck with the surgery,

http://i8.glitter-graphics.org/pub/1234/1234958ojmyc74a9u.gif

Honored Contributor

@tansy  you might look into some of Marlawynnes clothing. She has front button shirts and they have a generous cut..She is on HSN

Valued Contributor

I fractured a long bone in my hand a few years ago.  I wiped out with a ski pole looped around my hand.

I was in an enormous cast that surrounded my hand.  I needed a shirt that had a sleeve opening large enough to get around the cast.

I bought several of the Columbia Tamiami II.  Amazon sells them.  So do many sporting goods stores.

I had a hard time closing buttons one-handed.  These shirts snap closed.  They are super lightweight and offer sun protection, too.

Good luck!

Respected Contributor

I searched QVC under “short sleeve buttoned shirts” and got 21 results. Some weren’t shirts, but almost all were on clearance. Good luck with your surgery. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Camp Shirts

[ Edited ]

I love camp shirts and wear them a lot. Mostly I buy them at BLAIR. They have a lot.