Honored Contributor

@Caligurll

I know it's not easy but people like that deserve our pity; that she's that unhappy in her own life that she lashes out at others.......

No one has that much vitriol based on strangers' fashion choices and if they do they have much worse things to worry about...

But on a bright happy note: I love orange too! Perhaps @lolakimono will do an orange thread next? nudge nudge wink wink

I just picked this up strictly for the color and of course the style that I love. No one told me to buy it! lol

orange tank!.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Caligurll

I know it's not easy but people like that deserve our pity; that she's that unhappy in her own life that she lashes out at others.......

No one has that much vitriol based on strangers' fashion choices and if they do they have much worse things to worry about...

But on a bright happy note: I love orange too! Perhaps @lolakimono will do an orange thread next? nudge nudge wink wink

I just picked this up strictly for the color and of course the style that I love. No one told me to buy it! lol

orange tank!.jpg

@AndreatooI would buy that top too, the color is irresistible to me!  And thanks for suggesting @lolakimono start an orange thread; I love it all!

Honored Contributor

@Caligurll wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

I think the Current/Elliot jeans in the OP are very cute, but if I never own anything featuring a camo print it'll be just fine with me. To me (meaning it's my personal opinion...) it's the perfect example of a created trend that's been propagated by women who blindly follow trends like lemmings to the sea... Another good example would be anything cold shoulder...

@steviebSpeaking only for myself, I don't like camo because it's a trend (and I'm not a fashion lemming by any means), I like it because my brain is attracted to it.

Just like there are certain colors that catch my eye and make me stop (orange, corals,tangerines really get my attention!),  camo prints get my attention too and it has nothing to do with what anyone else is wearing.  I buy and wear what I like, whether it is in style or not.

I don't like cold shoulders, shark bite or high/low hems, or extra fabric draping around the hips, but I understand why many women like the look, just like I understand why many women don't like styles I find attractive.

@Caligurll And hence my 'disclaimer' about it being a personal opinion... Of course, many of us gravitate toward what we like and not what someone says we should like... No harm, no foul. As far as it goes, I too love the orange family but am careful wearing it, since only certain shades work with my coloring... I use it more extensively in interiors. Enjoy your camo! It isn't for me and while I happen to think there are probably quite a few women who opt for certain things because the 'industry' tells them they ought to, clearly, you aren't one of them....

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

I think the Current/Elliot jeans in the OP are very cute, but if I never own anything featuring a camo print it'll be just fine with me. To me (meaning it's my personal opinion...) it's the perfect example of a created trend that's been propagated by women who blindly follow trends like lemmings to the sea... Another good example would be anything cold shoulder...

@stevieb

To clarify, I don't "blindly follow trends like lemmings to the sea" as you so delicately stated.  I wear camo, because I like it.  I wear off the shoulder/cold shoulder, because I like not all, but certain styles and they look good on me.

You rarely if ever state what style you like or if you even have a style.  So why don't you share with us?  It could help us understand our differences and why they are upsetting to the point name-calling.

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Caligurll

Woman Surprised Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@stevieb

To clarify, I don't "blindly follow trends like lemmings to the sea" as you so delicately stated.  I wear camo, because I like it.  I wear off the shoulder/cold shoulder, because I like not all, but certain styles and they look good on me.

You rarely if ever state what style you like or if you even have a style.  So why don't you share with us?  It could help us understand our differences and why they are upsetting to the point name-calling.

@magicmoodz, I think maybe I'll just stick to other forums since 'personal opinion' seems not to be generally accepted at face value here... And while I'm not sure I'm in agreement that anything I said constituted either 'name calling' or 'vitriol' nor indicated being 'upset', I'll simply accept that some interpreted it that way and, unlike some posters, won't get into making assumptions as to why... I'm usually pretty confident in my style (yes I have one) and in my choices, so when others don't like them I don't find it disconcerting. Since some folks take things more to heart than others, though, the best path is probably one of minimal interaction... Sincerely stated, enjoy your fashion choices.

Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@stevieb

Just because you prefaced your insult, to all of us, with 'in my opinion' doesn't make it any less nasty! Stop acting like a victim!

' Lemmings marching into the sea' isn't your opinion of a style it's your opinion of those that wear that style. Do you not know the difference? 

But you are correct there are those of us that don't appreciate being condescended to and will call you out on it. But it's okay cuz it's just our opinion

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@stevieb

@magicmoodz, I think maybe I'll just stick to other forums since 'personal opinion' seems not to be generally accepted at face value here... And while I'm not sure I'm in agreement that anything I said constituted either 'name calling' or 'vitriol' nor indicated being 'upset', I'll simply accept that some interpreted it that way and, unlike some posters, won't get into making assumptions as to why... I'm usually pretty confident in my style (yes I have one) and in my choices, so when others don't like them I don't find it disconcerting. Since some folks take things more to heart than others, though, the best path is probably one of minimal interaction... Sincerely stated, enjoy your fashion choices.

Woman Happy

@stevieb  

I believe you have made a good decision.  Be it the fashion forum or handbag forum, or any other forum for that matter, opinions and constructive criticism are valuable.  What is NOT valuable is calling fellow posters lemmings because we might purchase and wear something that happens to be a current style.  

Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@stevieb

Woman Happy

@stevieb  

I believe you have made a good decision.  Be it the fashion forum or handbag forum, or any other forum for that matter, opinions and constructive criticism are valuable.  What is NOT valuable is calling fellow posters lemmings because we might purchase and wear something that happens to be a current style.  

@magicmoodz Good, then we should both be satisfied. Of course, these boards are relatively 'small' so paths will surely cross again, and we'll cross that bridge when and if... I'll take your definition of 'valuable' under consideration, though I'm not of the opinion that all posts must have intrinsic value. Regardless, have a pleasant evening.

Honored Contributor

Re: Camouflage Done Right

[ Edited ]

@Andreatoo wrote:

@stevieb

Just because you prefaced your insult, to all of us, with 'in my opinion' doesn't make it any less nasty! Stop acting like a victim!

' Lemmings marching into the sea' isn't your opinion of a style it's your opinion of those that wear that style. Do you not know the difference? 

But you are correct there are those of us that don't appreciate being condescended to and will call you out on it. But it's okay cuz it's just our opinion

@Andreatoo I'm the nasty one?  I'm not so sure... Let's see now, per you, so far I have a 'victim' mentality, am vitriolic, nasty, deserving of 'pity', 'lash out at others', 'unhappy' and have 'much worse things to worry about' than fashion opinions... All because I'm not a fan of camo or cold shoulder tops and suggested that many women sporting these looks are doing so because they've been told they're 'hot' rather than because they've assessed the looks for themselves... 

One could surmise you over-react, seek drama, are trite, precipitously ascribe negative traits to those who disagree with you and/or have a chip on your shoulder, and call you out on it... but that too would be unfair speculation based on minimal evidence... So instead, I do believe I'm done here... Like camo, this discussion simply isn't that well reasoned, articulated or interesting...

Woman Wink