Honored Contributor

Re: Camilla At Charity Reception

I like the print in the dress.  Given the simple cut of the dress, I think that something solid or floral would have made it look like a sack.  We all know I start with the shoes and go up Woman Very Happy 

I probably would have gone with medium to lighter gray as my neutral in ths shoes.

I can appreciate that she didn't want to wear a black pump because it's summer and she might not have wanted it to look too 'heavy'.  Maybe she doesn't like her feet which is why she didn't wear a sandal.

I like the color of the pumps that she's wearing.  I think they are almost too warm to go with the dress.

Still, I give her credit for the printed dress.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Maybe she wore the shoes because she's going to be around horses and because they are comfortable and her feet don't hurt, and hey, they're a neutral so it's ok to wear shoes you like so throw them on and go.

IF those are her reasons, she is my new role model (or I am hers?)!  LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

I don't even know how they walk in the grass with heels anyway. 

Esteemed Contributor

I didn't follow the Royals when the Charles/Diana/Camilla love triangle existed--I was probably living my own drama at the time.😱

But I suspect there is enough blame so that all participants can take a piece of it. For all we know, Charles was forthcoming with Diana about his feelings for Camilla. I find blaming the other woman is sort of an old-fashioned way of looking at things. And while I kind of like Charles for walking Meghan down the isle, ensuring Doria didn't feel alone and awkward at the wedding, the first move in the tryst was in his court. 

Honored Contributor

That is also up for speculation. It has been said he and Camilla were platonic, until Di made the first move with Hewitt. I don't know who was unfaithful in deed, first ,but ,it was an affair ,and  none of them were innocent victims

Honored Contributor

Happy to see her in something a little different. She looks good!

Esteemed Contributor

Camilla always dresses nicely as the Duchess of Cornwall.

Having said that I have never cared for her as she was the other woman in Charles' and Diana's relationship.

Honored Contributor

@Magny wrote:

Oh my!

If she would only get her hairdo out of the 80’s, she’d be more attractive.  And the color...

They sure have those horrible British teeth