Honored Contributor

Re: Camilla At Charity Reception

@conlt wrote:

I think that Charles would have married Camilla if he were allowed to. It is a shame that so many lives were destroyed in the fact that Charles had to have a suitable bride to uphold the royal traditions. Although, if he had not married Diana we would not have Harry and William to follow. I thought Diana was beautiful and for the life of me could not understand why Charles cheated on her with Camilla. However, it is obvious that Charles and Camilla were always in love and are where they are supposed to be. I think the boys also came to terms with the relationship and wanted to see their father happy. 

The royals,  have learned a big lesson and thank God that William and Harry were allowed to date and pick their own mates. I think they would have lost Harry if they had to control him. As far as I am concerned Harry would go live a regular life if he could. I see that he has settled into royal duties though but I feel he wants to be seen as ordinary. 

Exactly.  He did his duty, he did what was expected of him.  Different time, different rules.   They wouldn't let him marry the woman he loved for most of his adult life.  The ONLY woman he was involvled with outside that disaster of a marriage.  Diana, of course, had multiple affairs.  It was an arranged marriage and Diana knew that but sadly she was 20 year old with no experience in life, a 20 year old with the mind set of a 16 year old.  She didn't understand what she was marrying into.  She was also emotionally damaged by her parent's nasty divorce, her mothers abandonment and her father's virtual abandonment of her.  It seems unbelievable now but Charles was required to marry a virgin with the right pedigree.  The court never even considered anything else when they chose Diana.  I think Harry he wishes he'd been born an ordinary person.  But he wasn't and he can't have it both ways.  He's not the heir to the throne, he doesn't have shakels on him the way William does.  Harry can put reason limits on how much he shares with the public but the public pays for that amazing, privileged life he and his family enjoy.  As long as he takes public money, he has to  "do the job".  

Respected Contributor

Everytime I see her I think of Charles saying her wanted to be her...well, it wasn't a tambourine. I don't like the dress, the shoes are wrong but at least she isn't wearing an awful hat. 

Super Contributor

I’ve learned over the years that you...cannot tell anyone who to...love..

Valued Contributor

Camilla is in her 70s. She can dress however she likes. Woman Happy

Trusted Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

I am not the least fond of Camilla.  I loved Di and can't stand what she did to that pure heart.

@ECBG Couldnt agree more! For the two of them (Charles and Camilla) to oull that on such a lovely woman is an outrage. 

Super Contributor

I agree, the footwear doesn’t match her dress. She must have worn something in white or black to complement her outfit.

Honored Contributor

The dress isn't that bad.  I think her hair looks fine.

Maybe the shoes look darker in photos.

Camilla has endured a lot of criticism over the years.  It seems like she and Charles are very much in love and quite happy.  That's all that really matters, isnt it?

Honored Contributor

Judgemental???  Lets see how you stand up on your judgement day.

Does it all really matter now?  Nope.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

I liked Di ,but, I wasn't blind to the stuff she did ,either. I don't know how you can give a pass to one person ,while condemning the other two for doing the same stuff?

Di had a nasty side too. When Sir Oliver Hoare broke  off  their affair ( he also had young kids) she  phoned his home  with prank calls. It got so bad ,they had them traced to Kensington Palace, no less. She also invited the press to photograph her with a phone call..She liked attention, as long as it made her look good, or was on her terms

She also did some very nice things for people, so ,she had a good side as well

Honored Contributor

The dress isn't bad, but the shoes aren't great.

In spite of all that has happened, I like Camilla.