Honored Contributor

Re: Cami, T's that don't ride up

@Mom2Dogs 

I think some rolling is inevitable when you factor in the wearer's shape and what the tank or cami is made out of.

If you're built like me, small waist and larger hips, anything snug stretchy is bound to roll up like blinds when you pull it down over your butt! lol

I think not so elastic combined with a more relaxed fit would make the rolling less likely to occur..

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo ....I do have a small waist, thighs a tad larger, but the OLD camis's I wore from JC Penny didn't ride/roll up, it's the new ones that are giving me fits.  I might just try an inexpensive version with less stretch, that might solve the problem....a lot of them I see have thin straps I prefer a wider strap especially in the colder months.

Winter is coming and my belly is cold already!  I need to replenish soon.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mom2Dogs 

Does Jockey do a tank or cami in the same fabric as their skimmies? I think THAT would be perfect.

They stretch but are not tight/clingy. It's nylon/span

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo I don't know, I did try the panty with the longer legs for 'smoothing' under pants...ugh, they rode up terribly and I tried two different sizes.  We have a Jockey outlet about an hour from me...I might make a trip up there to see what they have.   That fabric is very nice!

Honored Contributor

Why not wear a camisole?  

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

Why not wear a camisole?  

@Nonametoday That is what I am talking about...a t-shirt/(thin/sleeveless) or cami.....what I recently purchased rolls......

Honored Contributor

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

Skinny tees don't squish the bust line.  I am a D cup and have never been squished.  

@Peaches McPhee   I love my Skinny Tees. Wouldn't it be great to have ones that are short sleeve and long sleeve? It'd also be great to have a D cup! Tee Hee!!! Lol 

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@Nonametoday wrote:

Why not wear a camisole?  

@Nonametoday That is what I am talking about...a t-shirt/(thin/sleeveless) or cami.....what I recently purchased rolls......

camisoles/skinny tees.  Skinny tees are a stretchy fabric similar to a tee-shirt.  A camisole is a rather feminine garment, usually with spaghetti straps.

I buy the most beautiful, expensive-looking camisoles at Express.com.  They have an array of colors and sizes, and right on target for each season.  I usually have to have the straps adjusted.  My seamstress does it for $2.00 (I could do it but the thread cost more than the seamstress's charge).  Try there.  I think you will like them.  They have prints as well as solid in fabric that feels like a peau de soie, crinkled silk or satin.

Honored Contributor

If a knit top rides up, how about reversing the fabric when the items are cut out, then the top would ride down.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

If a knit top rides up, how about reversing the fabric when the items are cut out, then the top would ride down.  Smiley Happy

@depglass   

That is why I only wear those knit tee's which I buy at Amazon, which I find quality is just as good or better than what I buy in the marketplace.  However, if I am going out where I don't want to have my Tee riding up or down, I wear cami's.