Respected Contributor

Re: Cambridges Host Reception at Buckingham Palace

The Needle & Thread Aurora Gown in Cherry Red. This light catching floor-length dress is decorated with silver shimmering sequins inspired by vintage lace tablecloth. The Aurora is a long sleeve dress with pretty floral elements, engineered to flatter the A-line silhouette. There is delicate frill lace detailing around the neck and arm for further intrigue.

Aurora Gown

Aurora Gown

Aurora Gown

Honored Contributor

Red is WOW. they look wonderful wearing those dresses

Respected Contributor

Great to see Edward and Sophie with William and Kate ‘working’ together - this bodes well for the future I feel.

Honored Contributor

@dulwich  do you think Eugenie and Beatrice might pick up a bit of the slack/They seem to be very nice young women ,but t,hey could use some fashion help. I think they have inherited their mothers taste in clothes

Respected Contributor

I'm not a big fan of red, but it looks fantastic on Kate.

IMO, she hit a home run on tonight's outfit. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cherry  They are not considered ‘working Royals to represent the Queen’ I believe both of them have jobs and soon both be married ladies.  They are part of the Royal family but who knows.  Charles talks of downsizing but I am pleased to see Edward out and about more publicly and hope this continues.

Honored Contributor

Me too @dulwich  there is just something nice about seeing the family work together, as a group

Respected Contributor

@cherry  Yes and without the Queen or Charles - more preparation for William building his own team.

Honored Contributor

Beautiful dress and great color but how do they stand/walk in those heels???

Respected Contributor

William gave a speech and offered some words about the couple’s personal connection to the region.

“The African continent holds a very special place in my heart,” said William. “It is the place my father took my brother and me shortly after our mother died.

And when deciding where best to propose to Catherine, I could think of no more fitting place than Kenya to get down on one knee.”

The Duke of Cambridge making a speech at a reception at London's Buckingham Palace to mark the UK-Africa Investment Summit, as Prime Minster Boris Johnson looks on

kate-middleton-prince-william-joke