Esteemed Contributor

Re: Calling all seamstresses!

I took a look and while it is cute, the alterations (if you are not doing yourself) are going to be expensive. Can it be done, probably but if you are talking putting a zipper in, seams have to be cut and depending on the amount of seam allowance it might not work.

Respected Contributor

@In-x-s wrote:

I think I would opt for putting snaps in the shorts inseam to open up and pull up vs sliding the whole thing down.  Much like the crotch of a body suit or toddler clothes.

I was going to suggest this, too. I couldn’t imagine a long romper, so I searched the item number and was surprised at how cute this is. Once I saw it, I thought of the body suits I used to wear under my clothes and the snapped crotches they had to facilitate bio breaks. The OP would just have to make sure the snaps were reliable. Otherwise, she’d be setting the stage for one h*ll of a wardrobe malfunction.

Valued Contributor

@Eileen in Virginia wrote:

@In-x-s wrote:

I think I would opt for putting snaps in the shorts inseam to open up and pull up vs sliding the whole thing down.  Much like the crotch of a body suit or toddler clothes.

I was going to suggest this, too. I couldn’t imagine a long romper, so I searched the item number and was surprised at how cute this is. Once I saw it, I thought of the body suits I used to wear under my clothes and the snapped crotches they had to facilitate bio breaks. The OP would just have to make sure the snaps were reliable. Otherwise, she’d be setting the stage for one h*ll of a wardrobe malfunction.

@Eileen in Virginia Exactly!! LOL Smiley LOL

Valued Contributor

Ok, smart girls, did you notice that today’s TSV jumpsuit from Du Jour has a half zip AND a button loop closure?  They must have been reading our minds!  I had to laugh when I saw this...I also ordered it.  I must be nuts!

I love my family, my fur boys, my Jayhawks and accounting!
Esteemed Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

I just took a quick look and it is cute.  Here's my quacky idea...............just because it's all ONE piece.....who is to say it has to remain one piece?  How about....detaching the shorts from the dress - add an elastic waistband to the shorts = now a 2 piece outfit..  Just pull shorts down for bathroom trips like normal shorts.  I don't see a zipper in the back gets you anywhere.

The End

@fthunt  @Jayhawk Girl 

I think this sounds like a great idea providing there is enough fabric to hem the top and create a finished look for the skirt/shorts. I have a skirt/shorts like this but because there is no top I don't have an issue dressing/undressing. I just wear a tank top with mine.