Valued Contributor

Re: Calling all seamstresses!

@RoughDraft thanks.  You are exactly right.  I think @SilleeMee‘s idea of a loop might work best.

I love my family, my fur boys, my Jayhawks and accounting!
Respected Contributor

@Jayhawk Girl wrote:

@RoughDraft thanks.  You are exactly right.  I think @SilleeMee‘s idea of a loop might work best.

@Jayhawk Girl 

It might, but the dress shown by @SilleeMee has a blousier fit, the romper top is closer to the body and cutting it down where there is no center seam will take away from any play the top has.  Kind of compounding the original problem.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

The back does have an elasticized waist which gives it a bit of a blousing effect back there. A back closure would work because there is enough room for ease anyway. @RoughDraft 

Respected Contributor

I was reading the reviews of this romper and one reviewer suggested adding a zipper in one of the side seams under the arm to give the bodice of the romper more ease for removal. 

Esteemed Contributor

I just took a quick look and it is cute.  Here's my quacky idea...............just because it's all ONE piece.....who is to say it has to remain one piece?  How about....detaching the shorts from the dress - add an elastic waistband to the shorts = now a 2 piece outfit..  Just pull shorts down for bathroom trips like normal shorts.  I don't see a zipper in the back gets you anywhere.

The End

Esteemed Contributor

It’s really cute BUT, not cute enough to go through all that trouble .... send it back. 🙃

Honored Contributor

@Jayhawk Girl  Don’t you hate it when something is so darn cute and it just won’t work?

Bet most people buy it and never think of having to go to the bathroom.  Ha!

That’s like something I’d do.

I’ve done dumb purchases with cute shoes and when I got them.....I was like”what was I thinking”!  Ha!

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66 

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@Jayhawk Girl  Don’t you hate it when something is so darn cute and it just won’t work?

Bet most people buy it and never think of having to go to the bathroom.  Ha!

That’s like something I’d do.

I’ve done dumb purchases with cute shoes and when I got them.....I was like”what was I thinking”!  Ha!

Yes!  This really is cute, it’s just going to be a royal pain in the butt!

I love my family, my fur boys, my Jayhawks and accounting!
Super Contributor

Have you thought of sewing the button holes shut, sewing the buttons on top as if they are reall being used, and then sewing large snaps underneath?    Unsnapping and snapping up would be easier than buttons.  A hook and eye or two at the waist as that can be a stress point.

Sometimes a zipper can be used from the waist down.  If I were doing it, I would have to handle the fabric to determine if this would be the proper solution.  It is cute, but the things we Ladies go through for fashion.......

Valued Contributor

I think I would opt for putting snaps in the shorts inseam to open up and pull up vs sliding the whole thing down.  Much like the crotch of a body suit or toddler clothes.