Honored Contributor

Re: Callers who call in and say "I'm going broke."...............

I, too, think that Easy Pay lures people in. When the host says, "Get it home for just $20 on your credit card," that's deceiving. The viewer doesn't think it through and do the math-- it's really $20-a-month for the next several months. And that can really add up.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

IMO, I think their thoughts convey their feeling they buy too much.

Maybe DH has made an observation?

Honored Contributor

I've noticed lately there are a few hosts that sometimes say, "You can get it for only $35" they don't finish the rest of what it costs.

I thought it was just a one time slip up, but they've said it several times lately.  

Most know it's more money than that, but sometimes I have to wonder if maybe someone who doesn't see well or is getting old, does not realize the full cost of things.

Just saying...

Honored Contributor

@docsgirl wrote:

What about the people who state, 'I have 35 pairs of ___ shoes or 25 ____ handbags, I have those pants in every single color, etc.'  Seriously???               docsgirl

Hey!  I am sure I have over 35 pairs of shoes (none from the Q) does that mean I have a problem? lol

Contributor

The going broke comment is surely a joke.  No one is seriously going to discuss their personal financial situation on TV.  Especially when they are purchasing things on Easy Pay.  They might find their ability to use Easy Pay stopped ( I have no idea if that happens.)

People say all kinds of things on the TV, online and in real analog life.  Being human.

People also have all types of distractions, desires and wants.  If someone says they have 25 handbags, who am I to judge, nor really care.  That is their thing.

So many people have addictive personalities.  Could be to gambling, drinking, shopping, etc., etc, etc.  Lots of folks need help with their addictions.  True that.  But someone owning a lot of items or joking they are going broke doesn't mean they really are one of them. 

QVC is supposed to be fun.  Shopping for things you want, when they are shown or on the 'net.  If on air comments stop that, mute the volume till they stop.  Keep the experience positive.

Honored Contributor

I'm actually more than surprised that there are any shoppers who still phone in their orders, and are asked to speak on air.

I think I made my first purchase from qvc  about 10 years ago, and did so online. 

Honored Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

@docsgirl wrote:

What about the people who state, 'I have 35 pairs of ___ shoes or 25 ____ handbags, I have those pants in every single color, etc.'  Seriously???               docsgirl

Hey!  I am sure I have over 35 pairs of shoes (none from the Q) does that mean I have a problem? lol

@DiAnne   Shoemania?    Shoe-icide?  

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

OMG.. they should get rid of those phone calls I always mute them out. So annoying and some of them gush on the hosts so much its  creepy and disturbing. I don't know why QVC asks  for these phone calls I don't order because someone else likes a item. That is ridiculous. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@september wrote:

I'm actually more than surprised that there are any shoppers who still phone in their orders, and are asked to speak on air.

I think I made my first purchase from qvc  about 10 years ago, and did so online. 

@september true. I can't remember the last time I called to order; it's been years. Some of the calls get so uncomfortable for me I mute or turn the channel. But they must boost sales or serve some beneficial purpose or QVC would have stopped them, just like they ditched the games with the spin wheel. Not defending the calls, as I dislike them, but curious. Maybe they make some viewers feel like they are connected to a larger community or it provides the host a break in the non-stop sales pitch. The calls will continue as long as the sales jump when Minnie from MN gush crushes on the happy dancer. (Fictional Minnie: any resemblance to any Minnie from MN is unintentional.)

Respected Contributor

It's hyperbole, not meant to be taken seriously....lol