Contributor

Re: California Dreaming - Ralph Lauren

The line is beautiful! I love all the hats. They make the outfits.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Witchy Woman 

I was thinking the same thing ... the entire show was fantastic.

Loved the little kid waving to the crowd ... 

Esteemed Contributor

@SoX 

That was absolutely amazing!  And the kids, the teens, young adults, something for every member of the family.  

While I loved the women's wear, the menswear blew me away.  I remember when men actually dressed that way.  Khaki pants and jackets oh my Heart  They all looked so handsome.  

Family clothes, so colorful and wearable.  Gives ideas for styling to replicate.  

I could go on and on.  Thanks for posting the info, it was time well spent and so enjoyable.

Honored Contributor

Wow! That was great. I loved the music too.He certainly knows how to do a man's suit!

His fabrics, like glowing silk on the dresses and women's pants and those dresses at the end and the drenched colors-oh my!

And Ralph Lauren himself-very touching.

I didn't realize he did these amazing collections set to music to match the themes of the clothing. There is one in New York, so many.

Thanks for introducing this very fun watch @SoX!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

@on the bay 

It appears the mod took away the link ... I didn't realize that was a no-no.  It wasn't a website, but a fashion show.   I don't get it, but glad you got to see it before it was poofed.

Honored Contributor

@SoX,

I didn't notce the link but just looked up California Dreaming-Ralph Lauren and the video comes up on many sites.😊

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

@on the bay 

Thanks for letting me know ... perhaps my email addy was somehow embedded in the link and @Kim-QVC  did me a favor by removing it.  Thanks, Kim!

Esteemed Contributor

@SoX 

Thanks so much for posting. What an awesome fashion show. Really worth watching, for the fashion, the music and the clothes. O M G ... the clothes were great.

Loved the cream/ivory/camel combinations, the black items (of course) and the reds were the perfect red (for me). I even liked the colorful gowns at the end.

And I'm so glad belts are making a comeback. I love to wear my authentic concho belt. Never really stopped wearing it .. but now it looks to be back on trend. Loved seeing all the tucked in tops, as that's my prefence for myself. Wish we wore hats in Seattle. You would think we would, what w/ all the rain. Alas, hats = baseball caps, which do not look great on me.

I'm glad Ralph came out at the end. It made me a bit sad or maybe sentimental is the better word. What a talented man.

Now I have to go find some of those songs to add to my ipod.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Esteemed Contributor

@kate2357 

The southwestern segment was inspired, I'm guessing here, by the wildly popular Yellowstone series. 

I loved every minute of the entire show ...  I agree that the camel/ivory/cream pieces were delicious!   And didn't the older male model look fabulous?!

Esteemed Contributor

@SoX wrote:

@kate2357 

The southwestern segment was inspired, I'm guessing here, by the wildly popular Yellowstone series. 

I loved every minute of the entire show ...  I agree that the camel/ivory/cream pieces were delicious!   And didn't the older male model look fabulous?!

@SoX 

You would have to narrow it down some for me to know who you're referring to. I thought there were several very good looking "older" men modeling. Yowza. Smiley Happy 

I loved every minute of show too ... even the items geared more for a younger person ... I thought those were colorful, fun and playful. 

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."