Esteemed Contributor

Re: Caitlyn Jenner at the Vanity Fair After Party

[ Edited ]
Snip  ✂

Sorry, I crossed a post with a reply, and my post mistakenly was directed to the wrong person.

Honored Contributor

@Nbo wrote:

Caitlyn Jenner is her name. She is no longer Bruce Jenner. She is no longer a He. We are adults here and we should try to at least be understanding of how a person may feel. When we say she looks horrible,legs are ugly and other things being said it is bullying. 
I personally know someone who is from the Trans community. It is not an easy life. They are constantly harassed. She was born a male and spend most of her teen years in pain. Tried committing suicide. She finally spoke to her parents and she was lucky that her mom and dad loved her and accepted her. Most people from the trans community get thrown out of their homes because their family won't accept them. I love my children and  I would accept them for who they are not what society say they should be. I accept everyone.

For the record, my comments were about Bruce, not Caitlyn.  I refer to her now as Caitlyn.  We were discussing how handsome Bruce was years ago when he was an Olympian.

Respected Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

@shaggygirl 

On this board "bullying" has come to mean saying something negative, even if it's true.  No, they don't own dictionaries.    Apparently, every comment should be all sweetnes and light and sugar....and lies..LOL        

@chrystaltree 

BINGO! I was about to make a comment about the word "bullying" being bandied about so loosely these days for every little thing that it's beginning to lose it's true meaning.

Post your or your loved ones photos so we can provide "opinions" about how they look, and let's see if your perspective changes.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Super Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

@Nbo wrote:

Caitlyn Jenner is her name. She is no longer Bruce Jenner. She is no longer a He. We are adults here and we should try to at least be understanding of how a person may feel. When we say she looks horrible,legs are ugly and other things being said it is bullying. 
I personally know someone who is from the Trans community. It is not an easy life. They are constantly harassed. She was born a male and spend most of her teen years in pain. Tried committing suicide. She finally spoke to her parents and she was lucky that her mom and dad loved her and accepted her. Most people from the trans community get thrown out of their homes because their family won't accept them. I love my children and  I would accept them for who they are not what society say they should be. I accept everyone.

For the record, my comments were about Bruce, not Caitlyn.  I refer to her now as Caitlyn.  We were discussing how handsome Bruce was years ago when he was an Olympian.

When I read your comments I didn't see anything wrong with your comment but some other comments have been saying he/she.  Before I ever knew that Caitlyn was always Cailtlyn and not Bruce I thought he had been handsome in his younger years and how sad that he had ruined his face with surgery. But now I understand the pain she was in. When we saw handsome she was not feeling that way. 

Honored Contributor

I'm not sure why she shouldn't be at a Vanity Fair party.  These parties aren't for actors only. They are for any celebrity.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@shaggygirl wrote:

IMO..........HE has never seemed comfortable in HER skin. Something gawky & awkward whenever I've seen him/her interviewed on tv.

@shaggygirl 

I think he's full of it! It's all just a gimmick to stay relevant....

I would only hope so.  He looks uncomfortable, sad, and embarrassed in this get up and rightly so.  It really is sad and pathetic.  As another posted, he looks like Bruce Jenner dressed in women's clothing.  He didn't pull it off......

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I'm not sure why she shouldn't be at a Vanity Fair party.  These parties aren't for actors only. They are for any celebrity.  

Exactly. Plus, she has a relationship with Vanity Fair (she was on the cover at one point).

Honored Contributor

Bullies don't seem to know they're bullies.

Honored Contributor

HE will always and forever no matter how many surgery's performed will always be a HE in my eyes and opinion.  Just like for some they can change their form on a whim and all accepted.  Freedom to choose.  Opinions and gender.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Super Contributor

How would you feel if you were referred to as "he" if you are a woman? This is what you are doing to her. It is ignorant and incredibly disrespectful to say it is a "whim". 

“…nevertheless, she persisted.”