Honored Contributor

Maybe this is old news but it is news to me. 

I just attempted to go to their website and there is a message that states ALL Cache stores have closed.  Please stay in touch while we explore next steps for our future.

Honored Contributor

Re: Cache Stores all closed?

Yes, the one in the mall closed a few months ago.  

Honored Contributor

I just read an interesting articled in WSJ about Cache.  It said the store was founded in 1976 and focused on selling formalwear to the 20 somethings.  Then between 1999 and 2006, they expanded, doubled the number of stores they had and put more emphasis on sportswear and that this harmed the brand.

They haven't made a profit since 2011 and ultimately filed for bankruptcy, closed all stores and eventually the website. 

Honored Contributor

I have not seen a Cache store anywhere in 15 years.

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

I have not seen a Cache store anywhere in 15 years.

All of our better malls had the store.  A relative of mine was looking for a dress for a x-mas party and that's where she ended up buying it.  That was the last time I was in the store.

Colleen Lopez was a big Cache shopper.  A lot of her items from her collection were based on items she bought from that store. 

Honored Contributor

our last ones closed around late spring of this year......they had great deals for girls who needed prom dresses.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

It's a shame. I bought many nice dresses from there over the years. 

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva

Aww, I didn't know that.  That's a shame.  They had beautiful things.  I hadn't looked them up in ages.  The last thing I purchased from them was a pair of jeans that had back pockets that were really ornamental with beads and jewels.  All the neat places are going under!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin