Super Contributor

Re: COME ON QVC, SHIPPING IS OF THE DARK AGES, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!!

I called customer service, they said they were having trouble at the warehouse and I should wait another week.  They cahrge $10.50 to load 3 tops in one package and then take forever to ship it out, so crazy

Honored Contributor

I could never understand why it takes 4 or 5 or more days to ship something out.  There are other large companies I do business with that ship out in a day or two.  Plus, QVC has the nerve to charge shipping for each item.  I don't know anyone else that does this.

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

There definitely seem to be shipping problems at QVC. The problem does not seem to be the method of shipping but in the time lag between the order being placed and shipped. A six day delay to ship, such as the one I just experienced, seems excessive and unreasonable. There was a time when QVC orders were always shipped within three days max, sometimes even sooner. What happened? 

Respected Contributor

@Unhooked42 wrote:

I called customer service, they said they were having trouble at the warehouse and I should wait another week.  They cahrge $10.50 to load 3 tops in one package and then take forever to ship it out, so crazy

Oh my I can't believe they are still telling customers this garbage! Many on the Customer Care area here have been told this too for months now!  

It is clear they are NOT going to fix the problem...they are well aware of it as many are complaining....so I am thinking they let go most of the warehouse and packing employees right after holiday...and are running things with a bare bones amount.  THis will not get better....maybe by next Christmas season.

The 5, 6, 7days to ship a order is crazy.

Honored Contributor

I posted on another thread - my order is in proccess...still...but estimated to be delivered on Friday...I am sure I will not get it.  

Since there are so many problems with shipping and a couple of threads about slow shipping, it would be nice if QVC would address the problem...but maybe it's not a good  business idea to do that, I don't know, but it sure is irritating.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

RE the shipping cost.  I only know of Amazon and Nordstrom that have fast, "free" shipping.  Yesterday I ordered 2 items from JJill -  S&H was $11.95.  Today I ordered something from Talbots - 1 item - S&H was $8.00.  QVC's shipping is in line with these - $3.50 per item adds up quickly.  But the "in process" time for many orders here is ridiculous.

Honored Contributor

I never thought of that, but, yeah, that's true back when I was ordering from the Aldens and Sears catalogs it did take a long time and we didn't think nothing about it. Your parents sent a check , check had to clear, wait for delivery, etc. I ordered my wedding dress from Aldens it got here in time for the nuptials. LOL

Guess Q hasn't caught up yet. LOL

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I ordered 3 items last weekend.  One on the 15th that shipped yesterday. The 2 on the 16th still showed in process as of this morning.  I just checked and 1 of the items now shows as shipped with an EDD of tomorrow.  I doubt that is going to happen given that when I check tracking, only a label was created.

The other item is still in process with an EDD of the 26th.  I do think 5 days of in process is a little ridiculous.

@Lipstickdiva  The exact samething happened to me.  There are so many posts on different forums about the terrible shipping QVC has.  

Respected Contributor

i have an event coming up on the 31st.  i found a  dressy top on the Q  that i really like and would be appropriate for the event.  then i realized that there would be no way it would get to me on time.  i've been spoiled by other retailers who ship QUICK.  too bad, qvc lost a sale.  

Respected Contributor

QVC shipping is the WORST!  I just don't get it.  I think the whole system needs to be revamped from top to bottom, or beginning to end, or whatever!  No other business that relies completely on delivered goods would survive with this system, I really don't understand how QVC does it.