Super Contributor

Re: CLOTHING SHOWS & SIZING CHARTS

ITA with all above. They could very easily put all measurements for the ITEM on the screen and actually demonstrate measuring the neck openings and the other dimensions that are confusing.

There is no need for any Facebook references or references to anything whatsoever pertaining to the personal lives of any of these salespeople. Ask yourself WHY they insist on doing this.

Esteemed Contributor

Just look at the item on line! All the specific garment & size measurements are right by the item listing under the link click here .

I do my own reasearch before I buy. Reviewing the measurements on line is a lot less time consuming than calling in and hoping the cs rep provides you the information you asked for. You all have computers, tablets, etc since you're posting on the bb. Of course there are times the size varies from piece to piece- but for the most part I've found the measurements listed to be spot on.

Esteemed Contributor

On 7/7/2014 ibb38 said:
On 7/7/2014 willdob3 said:

I would not even think about going by the size charts they flash on the screen during a presentation.

I always - without exception - check the size chart online as well as the garment measurements. The garment measurements mean more to me than the size charts because I may or may not want my clothes to fit as tight or loose as the size chart would make them.

Their generic size chart means nothing- it's the measurements listed under click here that are the true tale!

I have found that the measurements on the click here are often wrong!! I have seen smaller measurements for large size clothing than the chart measurements for the smaller size clothing - totally upside down! Buying clothing from the Q is very much of a chance!! You may or may not get a garment that fits correctly - despite measurements!

Esteemed Contributor

On 7/7/2014 corita said:
On 7/7/2014 ibb38 said:
On 7/7/2014 willdob3 said:

I would not even think about going by the size charts they flash on the screen during a presentation.

I always - without exception - check the size chart online as well as the garment measurements. The garment measurements mean more to me than the size charts because I may or may not want my clothes to fit as tight or loose as the size chart would make them.

Their generic size chart means nothing- it's the measurements listed under click here that are the true tale!

I have found that the measurements on the click here are often wrong!! I have seen smaller measurements for large size clothing than the chart measurements for the smaller size clothing - totally upside down! Buying clothing from the Q is very much of a chance!! You may or may not get a garment that fits correctly - despite measurements!

Click here has rarely been wrong- in my experience. If it had been often wrong I wouldn't buy!

Trusted Contributor

I've always had good luck using the click here measurements. I have no idea why QVC even posts the other generic measurements. All that really matters is the actual garment measurement.

Even with the measurements sometimes an item just doesn't fit ME right. And there are always variations from garment to garment in the same size. Remember the days of going to a b&m store, trying on 5 different pairs of jeans in the same size and style to find the one that fit best?

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

KJPA
Super Contributor

I have found that most things I buy fit pretty well but Liz Claiborne seems to fit tighter that the others.

If I am ordering a top that says it is closely fitted then I would tend to size up in her line. If the top is loosely fitted, then I stay true to size or go down.

What is confusing to me when checking the measurements of the individual items is the difference between xl and 1x in many cases.

Offhand, I think an xl is smaller than 1X but have seen some things where the waistline is actually the same or about an inch larger in the xlarge.

This is why I think the hosts should spend much more time than they do discussing these charts and not just gloss over and refer to the QVC size charts. How many buyers know what HPS is and all the rest of the measurements other than bust, waist and hips? They could demonstrate on all the various size models instead of all the ridiculous self-serving talk they do as witnessed this morning by a woman who just returned from maternity leave.

Super Contributor

On 7/7/2014 KJPA said:

I've always had good luck using the click here measurements. I have no idea why QVC even posts the other generic measurements. All that really matters is the actual garment measurement.

Even with the measurements sometimes an item just doesn't fit ME right. And there are always variations from garment to garment in the same size. Remember the days of going to a b&m store, trying on 5 different pairs of jeans in the same size and style to find the one that fit best?

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Exactly!! How hard is it to do the "Click Here" and get the measurements? Takes a lot less time than calling and having it read to you!

And to those who think QVC should be their personal shopper for every freaking item they show on air by putting those measurements on the screen........just how long do you think it would take them to do that? Heck, even then some of you would complain?

Esteemed Contributor

On 7/7/2014 Classique said:

I have found that most things I buy fit pretty well but Liz Claiborne seems to fit tighter that the others.

If I am ordering a top that says it is closely fitted then I would tend to size up in her line. If the top is loosely fitted, then I stay true to size or go down.

What is confusing to me when checking the measurements of the individual items is the difference between xl and 1x in many cases.

Offhand, I think an xl is smaller than 1X but have seen some things where the waistline is actually the same or about an inch larger in the xlarge.

This is why I think the hosts should spend much more time than they do discussing these charts and not just gloss over and refer to the QVC size charts. How many buyers know what HPS is and all the rest of the measurements other than bust, waist and hips? They could demonstrate on all the various size models instead of all the ridiculous self-serving talk they do as witnessed this morning by a woman who just returned from maternity leave.

The proportion of an xl is different than a 1x. The # measurements could be almost identical but a 1x has a different cut in the torso, shoulders, etc.

Super Contributor

Made in China is the problem. They don't have standard measurements over there. Also imagine piling layers of fabric to the ceiling, then cutting with a power cutter. You are going to get a less accurate cut on some of the cuts than if you used fewer layers which costs more money.
Super Contributor

I've noticed that when you watch a video online, they have taken away the sizing chart that would flash the measurements for each piece of clothing. I wish they would bring that back. QVC--if you are reading these posts, please bring those back. They are a big help in knowing which size to order. I know my own personal measurements, and I've noticed that each designer's measurements--or even the measurements of each piece of clothing within the same designer line--are different. This saves me from having to send things back due to size. There is another network that puts these sizing measurements within their description of each piece of clothing. (No, it's not H** but a lesser known network.) That is very convenient, and I've never had to send back any clothing due to size because of the measurement chart for each piece of clothing in the description on this lesser known network. I don't like the standard generic sizing chart within the descriptions. They are known to be wrong, at least for me.