Honored Contributor

I wonder whether so much of these clearance are returns. I'm not seeing a lot of "As Is" like usual, so could this be the "dumping ground" instead?

Respected Contributor

Re: CLEARANCE? RETURNS?

[ Edited ]

I don't look at it that way.  If I see something I like, I order it, knowing if its dirty, looks used or whatever inappropriate state of the item,  it can go back and they'll cover shipping.  

I wouldn't call it "dumping ground."  If that's the case, Nordstrom Rack, Marshalls, any "sale" rack, etc. are dumping grounds.

Honored Contributor

Re: CLEARANCE? RETURNS?

[ Edited ]

Every store this time of season is trying really hard to get rid of spring/summer to make way for new fall/winter. Sad as it is, we'll be seeing fall fashions by the end of this month I'm sure. It just gets earlier & earlier - prime example christmas in June, like it's not bad enough in July. JMO

Anyway, call it all what you will, clearance, semi-annual, as is or "dumping ground", it's out with the old and in with the new. Since most of the stuff has been had by someone else, you get what you pay for. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus   I love returns and don't consider them "dumps" at all.  I often get them when on a wait list and they've enabled me to get some great clothes that I would've otherwise missed.  I've gotten many but never received one that wasn't nicely packaged and in pristine condition with no indication it had even been tried on. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

I wonder whether so much of these clearance are returns. I'm not seeing a lot of "As Is" like usual, so could this be the "dumping ground" instead?

If you are "iffy"about them, don't order any. 

And @Another new name Sue  is right. 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

I'm not at all hesitant to buy ...  I've had the same experience regardidng "as-is" purchases.  

-----------------------------------------

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Shanus   I love returns and don't consider them "dumps" at all.  I often get them when on a wait list and they've enabled me to get some great clothes that I would've otherwise missed.  I've gotten many but never received one that wasn't nicely packaged and in pristine condition with no indication it had even been tried on.