Honored Contributor

Re: CHECK OUT HSN'S T.S.....

This doesn't appeal to me at all.  It really looks like a "puffer" coat.  It's too bulky looking.  I also don't care for the shimmer or glaze to the finish.   

Honored Contributor

@islandgrrl wrote:

@winamac1

Hey Win,  I picked up last year's Curations puffer when HSN was having a clearance sale. I got mine at a crazy price (I think it was $29.99).  You are right that it is quite a bit shorter than this year's version and last year's coat was a matte finish.  Mine is great in almost every way: light, warm, packable in a carry on for work travelers like me, great collar, and form fitting.  But whenever I wear mine, feathers come out.  On me.  On whoever is next to me. I've washed it twice but it hasn't stopped the shedding. 

If I can pick up this year's coat on clearance I'd try it again. I like mine that much.  And perhaps my feather problem is unique to my coat.

p.s. I don't live in a climate that is cold enough to get much use from the Sporto boots but I agree they are really cute.

Hi Island!  I didn't buy the boots, but I really liked them.  I still haven't seen a full coat presentation, but I overall think it looks nice and less puffy than many down coats!  I think it will get marked far down in 3 or 4 months!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Valued Contributor

I recently bought two light packable down coats: one from Costco for $50 and one from Lands End for $95.  Not sure which one I will keep.   The Costco coat packs up smaller but the LE coat has a two way zipper and a storm flap.

Trusted Contributor

@Iwantcoffee wrote:

I like a diamond pattern more than horizonal rows. I do not need any of those. LOL

Lands' End Item #461332-A77 I like this in bright burgandy

Love this one

Lands' End Item #458642-A7X

I have both those jackets from Lands End, the puffer coat I got in a citrusy green, at 30% and the other one I got last year ay 50% off. I just bought a pair of Bos and Co boots in the same color as the burgundy jacket, they came yesterday and they are gorgeous. I love oiled leather boots. 

I'm done with P.C. Just say what you mean and mean what you say. It's easier.
Honored Contributor

I don't like the looks of the diamond ones.  I prefer the lightweight puffer coats that Michael Kors has and LL Bean has.  

I ended up buying the Curations in blue to see if I like it.  If I don't, I'll send it back as HSN will refund my shipping into spendable cash.  I like the length and the ability to pullit in at the wasit. 

Honored Contributor

@60sgirl wrote:

@Iwantcoffee wrote:

I like a diamond pattern more than horizonal rows. I do not need any of those. LOL

Lands' End Item #461332-A77 I like this in bright burgandy

Love this one

Lands' End Item #458642-A7X

I have both those jackets from Lands End, the puffer coat I got in a citrusy green, at 30% and the other one I got last year ay 50% off. I just bought a pair of Bos and Co boots in the same color as the burgundy jacket, they came yesterday and they are gorgeous. I love oiled leather boots. 

I love the boots!!

Esteemed Contributor

Got one in silver.  Hope I did not make a mistake with the price.  I did go looking online for a better deal but did not find it.  Geez and I am a Costco member, I should have looked.  Oh well.  I never send things back.  I will do so if I find I could have had a better deal.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bonnielu wrote:

Got one in silver.  Hope I did not make a mistake with the price.  I did go looking online for a better deal but did not find it.  Geez and I am a Costco member, I should have looked.  Oh well.  I never send things back.  I will do so if I find I could have had a better deal.  

I don't think you made a mistake.  I think the Curations one will be nice.  The short one I did end up buying last year when it went on a deep clearance, but I sent it back as it was just too short.  The quality was nice, and I thought it was nicer than the ones I've seen at Costco.  JMO

Respected Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

@bonnielu wrote:

I don't think you made a mistake.  I think the Curations one will be nice.  The short one I did end up buying last year when it went on a deep clearance, but I sent it back as it was just too short.  The quality was nice, and I thought it was nicer than the ones I've seen at Costco.  JMO

@winamac1 @bonnielu

I don't think you guys made a mistake either.  As I said, I do have last year's coat and I really like it.  Will you let me know if you have a feather shedding problem with this version?  I may try to locate one on sale later in the year if it does't send feathers flying like my current jacket.

Esteemed Contributor

@islandgrrl, I have five of these type jackets, I think. From Macy's, Gilt, Sam's Club, etc. They are down and I have come to learn that down will poke out of packable down. I think it's because the exterior is such a fine gauge to make it truly packable. Now, in fairness, I haven't purchased the super expensive ones, say $400, so can't comment on those. I think it's just the nature of the beast with these "affordable" jackets. Use your sticky lint thingy!

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop