Esteemed Contributor

Re: CHANGING TO FALL/WINTER CLOTHES

Fall is in the air!  Living in MN we can have temperatures ranging from 40 one day to 80 the next day.  One night last week there was an open air concert across the street.  The band was so good, but after the sun went down I was so cold sitting on our patio--even with a jacket on.  

Today is a beautiful 75 with a high tomorrow predicted to be 82.  Once these fluctuations start, however, my "inner old lady" tells me not to wear white jeans after Labor Day.  😁

I don't have to switch out or even rearrange my closet.  My biggest problem is choosing an outfit appropriate for the ever-changing weather!  

Honored Contributor

I wear my sandals until my toes turn blue.

All of my clothing is kept in my closet.  I need very little in the way of winter clothes.

Respected Contributor

I am old and old school, I do not wear white after Labor Day, but mainly because I do not like summer.  I love Autumn and Winter, so I am ready to get the white stuff  (pants, shoes) back in storage!!

Most of my other clothes are 3 season, but I put the white back in the spare room closet!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Esteemed Contributor

I live in Arizona and it's going to be 110 today. All my clothes are in one closet with long sleeves in the back. Maybe end of October (think Halloween or later) I will be able to wear long pants and a lightweight long sleeved shirt. Don't own any sweaters or heavy stuff. We don't follow the "no white after Labor Day" rule. We wear what we want (shorts in winter) when we want. 

Esteemed Contributor

@tansy

@jaxs mom

My sig line used to read:  "Show your toes until it snows!"   Which I did when I lived up north.   Smiley Very Happy

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Esteemed Contributor

... Once these fluctuations start, however, my "inner old lady" tells me not to wear white jeans after Labor Day.  😁

@magicmoodz

Bwhahahahahaha!   I hear ya!    The closest I've come (so far) to wearing white after LD, is a pair of extremely light wash denim jeans.    We should start seeing a thread or three on this subject soon!  Smiley Wink

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

All my clothing is either in my closet of dresser drawers. I don't have to change things entirely for any seasonal changes. I just wear what is appropriate for the day's weather conditions, and find by the end of October, my cold weather clothing is in the front of the closet. I love how that works.
"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm a one-closet and one bureau gal. I like being able to see everything I own. This works well where I live. The hot season is the longest, and winters are cold but short.

I wear white jeans and sandals through September at least. I like short or 3/4 sleeve tops, in fall-ish colors (teal, plum, grey, navy, rose). 

When winter comes (finally!) I wear lightweight sweaters, and I like light colors for my sweaters - pink, blue, mint. 

I might wear red this winter. It's on trend, and I've kind of missed it. 

Respected Contributor

It will be a while before I need some warmer things here in southwest Florida. However, I am going north to Maine with DH for his college reunion and will take some of them with me. I'll see in 2 weeks.

Esteemed Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

... Once these fluctuations start, however, my "inner old lady" tells me not to wear white jeans after Labor Day.  😁

@magicmoodz

Bwhahahahahaha!   I hear ya!    The closest I've come (so far) to wearing white after LD, is a pair of extremely light wash denim jeans.    We should start seeing a thread or three on this subject soon!  Smiley Wink

@MacDUFF

Don't forget the pantyhose threads!  😚