Trusted Contributor

Re: CAROLYN'S STUFFED ANIMAL?

@ellietoo wrote:

I rarely watch QVC live. I do not find it entertaining. I do check the site for any good deals (which is rare of late) but if I want to see a video of a product I find myself fast forwarding through all the gibber jabber and cutesy stuff that goes on with some of the sales people. If I am shopping online I just don't care for that stuff.  I realize that some people do leave shopping channels on for hours at a time and get involved in the lives of the sales people like some used to do with soap operas. I just have no interest in that kind of thing. I need to shop online sometimes and do not have time for the nonsense. To each their own.

AMEN!!!!!

Trusted Contributor

@Cathyshopper wrote:

I work from home full-time now since Covid, and I keep a small TV in the room that’s converted into my office.  I usually keep the Denim and Co. shows on in the background and actually enjoy the banter between Carolyn and Gary.  They make me laugh after I’ve worked on serious things.

I find it astounding that people regularly complain on these forums about stuffed squirrels and joking during clothing presentations. It’s not a symphony, broadway show or presidential address where I sit quietly to watch and absorb. It’s two seemingly genuine salespeople trying to lighten their presentations. They give me a chuckle on stressful days and I enjoy them.  

I GUESS, FOR SOME OF US, WE ASSUME THE JOB OF THE HOSTS WAS TO PROVIDE RELEVANT INFORMATION ABOUT THE PRODUCT BEING PRESENTED, NOT ENTERTAIN US OR WASTE OUR TIME WITH NEEDLESS BANTER. THAT IS WHY I DON'T WATCH.

Super Contributor

I also think the yachty thing is silly and getting old -ala Kim Gravel,  but tonight Jen & Rachael were trying to explain that phrase to Isaac so I guess that's not any better than squirrels.  I guess to each their own, I turned my channel to Food Network, where there is a rerun of a rerun, and 10 commercials between segments of the show?  Wish I liked music, it seems to be my last source of entertainment besides books (and I don't seem to have the attention span to read a book cover to cover anymore).

Honored Contributor

Tiresome.  I just switch the channel.....

Trusted Contributor

All I can say is enough is enough,I like Carolyn an Gary please let it go!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus I did not see it but I would say is enough is enough.  One time okay, they are having fun but more than that they need to check into the nearest psych ward.  lol

kindness is strength
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Calcgirl wrote:

@Cathyshopper wrote:

I work from home full-time now since Covid, and I keep a small TV in the room that’s converted into my office.  I usually keep the Denim and Co. shows on in the background and actually enjoy the banter between Carolyn and Gary.  They make me laugh after I’ve worked on serious things.

I find it astounding that people regularly complain on these forums about stuffed squirrels and joking during clothing presentations. It’s not a symphony, broadway show or presidential address where I sit quietly to watch and absorb. It’s two seemingly genuine salespeople trying to lighten their presentations. They give me a chuckle on stressful days and I enjoy them.  

I GUESS, FOR SOME OF US, WE ASSUME THE JOB OF THE HOSTS WAS TO PROVIDE RELEVANT INFORMATION ABOUT THE PRODUCT BEING PRESENTED, NOT ENTERTAIN US OR WASTE OUR TIME WITH NEEDLESS BANTER. THAT IS WHY I DON'T WATCH.

I do agree their job is to provide relevant information and also feel most of them try to "entertain" a bit and I don't have a problem with that. If I do, I just don't watch that host/show.  I think Carolyn is great at providing specifics, especially details re colors and putting together outfits she thinks will look good.  It's probably hard to only provide clothing facts and info for 10 minutes on an item (I certainly couldn't do it!), altho I think Leah and Dan are great at that.  To be honest, I don't watch much, I usually shop or browse online if I'm looking for something specific. I have a couple of the shows I enjoy, and Carolyn and Gary (while I'm working) is one of them.  They seem like very nice people and their joking doesn't bother me or waste my time because it's on in the background.  If I'm in a hurry to buy something (and I'm not usually), I do it online, not by watching the shows.

Honored Contributor

I only look at QVC online.,.haven’t watched it live in years.
Respected Contributor

I can usually appreciate a bit of spontaneous humor. It's the contrived, attention seeking shticks that get on my last nerve. Like, the woman who used to do the leg kick when repping Birkenstock. Or the woman with the clothing line who "dances" and the models and host all have to join in. Also the squirrel thing. None of these long running performances feel natural. All of them seem ridiculous and awkward to me. I no longer watch shopping channels. My real entertainment comes from watching sports. Or reading. Or listening to music. A myriad of other things too. I do enjoy my social media time. And I peruse QVC online daily. That eliminates the annoying host/vendor interactions. And the painful phone calls. If I need to see a product demo I watch the online video and fast forward past the dumb stuff. 

Harmonize the World