Honored Contributor

Re: CAROLYN'S STUFFED ANIMAL?

@kaydee50 wrote:

@ellietoo wrote:

I rarely watch QVC live. I do not find it entertaining. I do check the site for any good deals (which is rare of late) but if I want to see a video of a product I find myself fast forwarding through all the gibber jabber and cutesy stuff that goes on with some of the sales people. If I am shopping online I just don't care for that stuff.  I realize that some people do leave shopping channels on for hours at a time and get involved in the lives of the sales people like some used to do with soap operas. I just have no interest in that kind of thing. I need to shop online sometimes and do not have time for the nonsense. To each their own.

Agree 100%.  It's a "shopping channel" or is supposed to be.  I do not need to be "entertained" and kind of feel sorry for those who look at these sales people as "friends."

@kaydee50   That's why I record 90% of what I want to watch on Q. I can FF. Just happened to pass the squirrel deal on my way through. No "friends" on any show there or anywhere TV.

Trusted Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

Just something fun.  There are many posts on this and I find it hard to comprehend anyone complaining about something so trivial.

@Imaoldhippie   I agree...They are just having fun.   🤗

Esteemed Contributor

Nutsy, @Trix. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I love it when so many customers send clothes and things for Acorn and Nutsy. One customer recently said she was going to send small flags to fit their little squirrel hands.  

Trusted Contributor

This will not make me want to buy this brand at all.  Just give the information and stop being ridiculous.  It is as dumb as "The Happy Dance!"

Valued Contributor

I enjoy the silly banter back-and-forth.

Frequent Contributor

It always seemed very juvenile to me, but there seem to be people who like it. 

Honored Contributor

@ellietoo wrote:

I rarely watch QVC live. I do not find it entertaining. I do check the site for any good deals (which is rare of late) but if I want to see a video of a product I find myself fast forwarding through all the gibber jabber and cutesy stuff that goes on with some of the sales people. If I am shopping online I just don't care for that stuff.  I realize that some people do leave shopping channels on for hours at a time and get involved in the lives of the sales people like some used to do with soap operas. I just have no interest in that kind of thing. I need to shop online sometimes and do not have time for the nonsense. To each their own.

@ellietoo   I so agree. Shopping for something should not include a "show", silly banter, personalities becoming more important than the items and time taken up with personal stories about family, etc.

After 40 yrs., and more interested in COVID news and what was so more important in the world, I just stopped cold watching Young and Restless, too... maybe just too busy doing other things.  

Regular Contributor

I work from home full-time now since Covid, and I keep a small TV in the room that’s converted into my office.  I usually keep the Denim and Co. shows on in the background and actually enjoy the banter between Carolyn and Gary.  They make me laugh after I’ve worked on serious things.

I find it astounding that people regularly complain on these forums about stuffed squirrels and joking during clothing presentations. It’s not a symphony, broadway show or presidential address where I sit quietly to watch and absorb. It’s two seemingly genuine salespeople trying to lighten their presentations. They give me a chuckle on stressful days and I enjoy them.  

Trusted Contributor

If they think their show needs some levity, then fine. But does it have to be levity more appropriate for 4-year olds? Toddlers aren’t shopping from QVC- adults are. Humor is fine, but no need to insult our intelligence in the process. “Nutsy” and “Acorn” need to turn into road-kill like yesterday.