Esteemed Contributor

Re: CAROLYN'S STUFFED ANIMAL?

I like Acorn and I forget the other squirrel's name better than some of the so-called serious sales tactics used by a few of the hosts.  

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624  Interesting.  But I'm not surprised at CG's reaction.  Wow.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Carolyn doesn't give a hoot what anybody thinks about the squirrels. Carolyn is going to do what Carolyn wants to do. Period. 

Honored Contributor

@Trix wrote:

I like Acorn and I forget the other squirrel's name better than some of the so-called serious sales tactics used by a few of the hosts.  

@Trix   FYI   The other squirrel is named Nutsy.

Honored Contributor

it was amusing once, but Q once it gets  a moment will never let go

like the Happy Dance

Leah Yellow

etc 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Seems there is a lot more love for the squirrels on their Facebook pages than here. Perhaps it's because people are more open to complaining on the forum with anonymity than directly to Carolyn and Gary on Facebook where feelings can get hurt. 

The comment earlier about long running work jokes is so true and they "work" because one's coworkers understand the shorthand of the joke. It doesn't quite "work" the same way with a TV viewing audience who are probably in the dark about the origins of this act unless they happened to see one show two years ago where Gary got entranced over a golden color top and yelled "squirrel" and they brought up the movie. 

Esteemed Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

Carolyn doesn't give a hoot what anybody thinks about the squirrels. Carolyn is going to do what Carolyn wants to do. Period. 

@shaggygirl  Yes, she and a few other hosts seem to get away with inappropriate behavior and do whatever they want/say and are never reprimanded for it.  How do I know?  If they were, it would stop.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SunValley wrote:

Seems there is a lot more love for the squirrels on their Facebook pages than here. Perhaps it's because people are more open to complaining on the forum with anonymity than directly to Carolyn and Gary on Facebook where feelings can get hurt. 

The comment earlier about long running work jokes is so true and they "work" because one's coworkers understand the shorthand of the joke. It doesn't quite "work" the same way with a TV viewing audience who are probably in the dark about the origins of this act unless they happened to see one show two years ago where Gary got entranced over a golden color top and yelled "squirrel" and they brought up the movie. 

@SunValley   You are so right in that the overwhelming majority of Facebook and Instagram followers of Carolyn and Gary absolutely love the squirrels and encourage them.  Many even send them squirrel stuffed animals regularly, and squirrel ornaments last Christmas.

QVC is very serious about their social media presence -- FB, IG, and Youtube -- so those really are the followers encouraging it.

Carolyn and Gary have weekly Live video chats on Instagram every Tuesday after their regular D&C show.  The squirrels get many positive mentions from the viewers.  

I like following Garolyn to get a heads up on the next TSV or when something comes back in inventory.  But you get quite a lot of a little bit of everything when you read and listen to everyone's comments. 

Trusted Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

Why does Gary say "squirrel" when he likes something?  Is that some sort of a regional expression?

@Krimpette It's a joke about being easily distracted.  My coworker and I used to do this.  We would be talking about something and realize we had gotten very off topic. One of us would say "Look, something shiny!".  I will add that we did that a few times, not for months or even weeks.  

I think it started when Gary really liked a new golden yellow color they had and as soon as Carolyn showed that color, he would start talking about how great it was.  I'm not sure Carolyn has much choice but to continue because some people enjoy it and some don't.  So either way, some are going to be upset.  They need to be careful before they start something like this.  It was something that would have faded away had they not made it bigger and bigger.    

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

it was amusing once, but Q once it gets  a moment will never let go

like the Happy Dance

Leah Yellow

etc 

@jackthebear   Oh yes....and add FriYea which will be said a million times today...🤮