Esteemed Contributor

Re: CAROLYN'S STUFFED ANIMAL?

Well I think it is beyond stupid and it is past time to stop it.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

@ellietoo wrote:

I rarely watch QVC live. I do not find it entertaining. I do check the site for any good deals (which is rare of late) but if I want to see a video of a product I find myself fast forwarding through all the gibber jabber and cutesy stuff that goes on with some of the sales people. If I am shopping online I just don't care for that stuff.  I realize that some people do leave shopping channels on for hours at a time and get involved in the lives of the sales people like some used to do with soap operas. I just have no interest in that kind of thing. I need to shop online sometimes and do not have time for the nonsense. To each their own.

Agree 100%.  It's a "shopping channel" or is supposed to be.  I do not need to be "entertained" and kind of feel sorry for those who look at these sales people as "friends."

Esteemed Contributor

The squirrels would be entertaining for children.  Young children, that is.

Esteemed Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I can't stand Carolyn or the squirrel. I do like Gary with almost any other host.

@QVCkitty1  Agree.  I don't watch any D/C or any other shows that she hosts.  Yes, Gary is ok w/other hosts.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Krimpette wrote:

Why does Gary say "squirrel" when he likes something?  Is that some sort of a regional expression?

@Krimpette 

It's a joke reference from the animated movie "Up". The owner of the dogs has them hunting for a rare bird, but the dogs are constantly distracted by squirrels. The dogs have collars that allow them to talk. Every once in awhile one of the dogs says "squirrel" out of nowhere. 

The squirrel banter between Carolyn & Gary doesn't bother me at all. 

Respected Contributor

I don't watch very much anymore because I am only interested in the product being shown.  This type of behavior seems to be the trend everywhere.  It was more confined to sitcoms when I was young.  People my age should remember that we thought some silly things that were said over and over and over were funny:  "Dy no mite!" "Schazam". "Very inter es ting" and even the classic:  "Boo-ga  Boo-ga".  And the list could go on and on.  But at least this was in an episode of a series that meant to be funny.  

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Respected Contributor

@wilma Thanks for the info about the movie.  

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Trusted Contributor

Personally I think it needs to stop.We are watching not to be entertained by them,let's face it this is a shopping channel,

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I like the squirrel better than the D&C line. 

Respected Contributor

I hate it and as I have posted here before, if I wanted to hear childish voices like that, I would click over to Sesame Street. It makes me embarrassed to admit I shop here.