Honored Contributor

Re: CAROLYN AND TSV THIS MORNING

I always cut the hosts some slack with regard to jackets, blouses, etc. fitting them because of that mic pack they have to wear.   In their own clothing, they wouldn't shop with that in mind. 

With Q clothing they are wearing for a show, they could go up a size to accomodate for that. 

Respected Contributor

omg, Carolyn looks dreadful! the TSV and crop pants is not a good look! What ever 'stylist' back stage thinks this looks good is wrong. The whole look is sloppy!

Respected Contributor

I ordered the navy with the intention of not buttoning up the shirt.  I like some arm coverage because I don't like showing my upper arms.

Respected Contributor

I think this line does not fit the host. She is probably between sizes so she cannot get a good fit. When clothes comes in s,m,l,etc. not everyone will look great.  $43 for 2 pieces is not going to fit great. Some of the models don't even look great and they are in proportion.

Honored Contributor

I will never embrace this shirt over tank look.  Never have, never will.

Respected Contributor

whatever floats your boat

Honored Contributor

Angel of Quacker had lost wgt and got down to XL think now she's went back up. She's pretty forth coming on her correct size though.

Trusted Contributor

@proofer wrote:

I really am confused what size to order Carolyn always says she buys a large, thats what I buy but she seems to be a lot heavier than me(not insulting her, I know tv adds pounds.  Anyway says she was XL today, but don,t size up.  So I don't know what size to get.

I agree.   Carolyn is a lovely woman but she appears to be at least a 1X or possibly 2X to me.   (But I do not care for tight clothing at all.)   During the presentation of Isaac's t-shirt TSV recently, she was wear a TIGHT XL and actually said she was ordering "all colors in the large."   But... why?

Anyway, I totally agree that the on-air personalities should be styled better with well-fitting clothes no matter what size they are. 

Valued Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Please someone style the hosts/models in the correct size. Carolyn's TSV Denim & Co. Eyelet Shirt is again pulling across her chest and buttons ready to pop. Maybe it fit well alone, but when a tank is added, that takes up extra room. 

Don't be ashamed to go up a size to get the right fit. No one sees the label but you. If it bugs you, cut the size label out. 

I wear a size 2-4 bottoms, but a 10-12 top...not for the bust (I wish), but for back & shoulders after being a gymnast from age 3 through college. That's how my body developed and remained. P.I.T.A. to purchase anything one piece like a dress, so I don't...wear separates. It can't be too difficult to know your size and body shape.

Buying a smaller size may make you feel better, when it looks tight, it makes you look heavier or in this case, more busty.

@Shanus I didn't see the presentation so I can't comment on that part of it. 
I have noticed this though from time to time. Sometimes the hosts tell the size they are wearing and I think: "There is no way she is in that size". I know cameras add weight, but come on!
It also depends on the vendor, some run really large, some true to size, some small, but I don't want to see hosts stuffed into something like sausages. And if it is a style that is not flattering on a particular body type, don't put it on. 
I also have linebacker shoulders, but WITH the bust...so clothes shopping is extra fun (sarcasm alert)

Visitor

Well said.  I also wish they would tell people what SIZE they are wearing.  It helps us decide on what to buy.  Some clothes are slimmer fit or relaxed fit and you can't possibly wear the same size for each.