Occasional Contributor

CALLING ALL DESIGNERS

[ Edited ]

Can we please design clothes that make me look slimmer??!!  EVERTHING ON QVC MAKES ME LOOK HUGE!!  I DON'T HAVE CANDACE CAMERON'S SHAPE!!  I HAVE ONE SHIRT THAT I WISH DESIGNERS COULD USE TO MAKE ALL SHIRTS!!  OF COURSE IN DIFFERENT COLORS, PATTERNS.....LET'S REDESIGN SHIRTS..  IT HAS A WRAPPED ELASTIC BOTTOM  FRONT THAT COMES DOWN AND HAS A LITTLE BLOSSOM OVER THE ELASTIC...AND HIDES MY TUMMY!!  THE BACK HAS A STANDARD SHIRT BOTTOM COVERS THE BUTT!! IT FITS NICE IN THE CHEST AREA, BUT NOT TIGHT AT ALL IN THE STOMACH... I WOULD WEAR IT EVERY DAY!!  IT HIDES ABOUT 50LBS!!  I GET ALL THE LOOKS IN IT!! 

Respected Contributor
Maybe the clothes aren’t the problem?
Honored Contributor

My issue is that I have no breasts due to cancer and chose not to reconstruct new ones---nothing fits me! I am now shaped like a guy except for hips of course---I usually wear mens t shirts or over sized things  to camoflage my chest----not ashamed of my shape except now my tummy sticks out as I have nothing to balance that out---Iike boobs----darts, and princess seaming are not my friends. Wish some designer would address that !!

Esteemed Contributor

@Qqueen14 

We all find things from time to time that are amazingly flattering to our figures. The key is to analyze what features make that item so flattering (which it seems like you've already done) and use that as a guideline for future purchases.  You're not going to convince any manufacturers or designers to make what you personally need because who else would buy it.

Maybe take your flattering blouse to a good seamstress and have her copy it in a lot of different fabrics?

On the topic of flattering, I was just amazed yesterday to see how flattering the TSV sweater was on Jane T.  Somehow it really, really minimized her hips. She did the Candace Cameron Bure show yesterday afternoon if anyone wants to check it out. I have never seen Jane's hips look so good.  If I were her, I really would have bought every color lol.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

@Qqueen14    I have just about the opposite of your problem because I have so much bust for my band size (best is 32) few bras fit even when they have my cup size.

I suspect that all those of us whose sizes are out of the more common ranges must face similar problems finding appropriate clothes.  It's beyond frustrating, I know.

I also know I am fortunate to have my problem to deal with rather than yours.

Honored Contributor

@Qqueen14 

You are in luck!  Tops with banded bottoms are popular right now.  You might be able to find some you like on google image.

Super Contributor

Too many Semi-Fit clothing offered and very few "Relaxed Fit."

Use to be more relaxed fit but not anymore.

Also, too many "Maternity Looking Tops/Blouses.

Can't wait for the tunic to be gone always way too long petIte length not always offered.

Respected Contributor

@Qqueen14  Like another poster mentioned, take a picture of your blouse, and search on google lense and see if anything comes up.  You may be able to find a shirt similar to the one you love available for sale.

I think everyone has some sort of issue, either they need it more structured, less structured, longer, shorter, etc.  We all just need to find what we think looks good on us and stock up when we see it.  

If I find something I like, I buy almost every color!

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

Lol. It's not the clothes. It's your body.  You either don't like your body or you don't know how to dress to flatter your body.  Or you might have unrealistic expectations.

Trusted Contributor

Darts are a big problem for me too because I'm plus sized but very small busted (xl or 1x but 40B cup size). And hippy. That seems to be an unusual situation. So a lot of tops are too big in the chest for fitting my hips....