Valued Contributor

C'mon QVC, there is more fashion than

Hoodies and joggers.  The majority of the clothes being shown on the Q these days seems to be jogger pants and hoodies.  And with prices getting out of sight, sure would like to see some stylish clothing with new and fresh colors, prints and designs.  

Honored Contributor

Re: C'mon QVC, there is more fashion than

The new Qurate CEO said the emplasis for the immediate future would be on comfortable, casual lounging clothes.  He wasn't kidding.  Shows you how much a guy from a hardware background knows about fashion. Boo. 

As soon as he opened his mouth the trend started changing as we're sick of it.  Shows you how much he knows about women.  Double boo. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

Agreed; but for me personally, I have no where to wear fancier stylish new clothes.  I go to the gym, grocery store and went to the movies for the first time recently. So my life does fit the comfy joggers and athleisure items.   Alot of online purchases.  Lost job due to COVID last year; we are a one-car famliy now.  I love clothes but have to remind myself i do not need them.  A few to update style, but I know I certainly do not purchase as much as I once did.  With the increased prices, I think a bit more before I buy anything, online from QVC or anywhere.  Sign of the times I think.  

Trusted Contributor

I retired four years ago, so I certainly don't need as many clothes as I used to. But I'm one of those people who don't want to be in lounge wear every day. If I'm not leaving the house, joggers or yoga pants (that have never seen yoga Lol) are fine. But even if I'm going to the store I usually put jeans on. It just makes me feel better. I've been checking out clothing prices and don't think I will be buying much in 2022. Not that I really need anything, but sometimes it's just nice to have a new top. I think this year I'm going to try to stick to just buying what I absolutely need. Let's see how long that lasts!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Its obviously working for QVC. They wouldn't keep presenting the volume of lounge wear they do if it weren't profitable.

Honored Contributor

@just wonder wrote:

Hoodies and joggers.  The majority of the clothes being shown on the Q these days seems to be jogger pants and hoodies.  And with prices getting out of sight, sure would like to see some stylish clothing with new and fresh colors, prints and designs.  

They do have an over-emphasis on these items; so does HSN.  With the same push "wear it to the grocery store, taking the kids to school, walking the dog, running errands with a place for your cellphone, wallet, CC, mask, lipstick."  One does get tired of hearing it all.  I retired 5 years ago and have everything from jeans, sweatshirts, for home and weekends but also had nicer items for work -- and not dresses.  I don't wear PJs to run out to the store but I sure do see many women wearing them.  Guess it comes down to how much you care what you look like in public.  

Maybe once spring hits this year they will offer newer choices.

Respected Contributor

Joggers and jeans - have never liked either one.  As far as hoodie's as fashion, there is no point.  All that material hanging down the back just gets in the way.  For outside wear, hoodie's can be useful in keeping you warm but that would be the only reason for hoodies for me.  Although I do have several of them just because I liked the print or color as a top and just put up with the hoodie.

My friend saw a Susan Graver coat I had with a hood and she wanted one.  Got it, wears it alot, but she cut the hood off.

Esteemed Contributor

Q CEO didn't start the trend of joggers and athleisure wear.  It was here before he got here.  I have plenty of that stuff to wear.  I wear that sort of stuff to a gym and it is not part of my everyday wardrobe (when I do venture out).  

Some people don't go anywhere but sit on this website and talk about the fashions as if they had somewhere to go to wear them.  LOL.  It's not just QVC either.  I'm sick of the Athleisure junk.  @just wonder 

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

@ellaphant Is it really working for them?   I think they have warehouse stuffed with this junk - pj's lounge wear - - - and Q needs to unload the stuff badly.  $$$ tied up hurts their bottom line  (financial books).

For me - I see NOTHING that appeals to me - bought the air compressor instead of relaxing wear.

Trusted Contributor

It's typical QVC.  They have a tendency to go overboard with every trend.  Long after we have all reached a saturation point, good ol' QVC will still push whatever it is they deem "on trend".