Respected Contributor

Re: Buying summer clothes at this time

i must have holes in my head. i just picked up 3 summer tops, not even sale ones,   one of them a white pretty blouse when i have a dozen white blouses already but i reminded myself those white blouses i already own have longer sleeves.  

Honored Contributor

I buy what summer clothes I want/need when they first come in.   Up until about the end of July I will add a few pieces if they are on super sales. 

I start buying a few fall/winter things in midsummer when they are on deep markdowns.  Where I live you do not need but a very few winter pieces.

I like to buy what I love at the first of the spring/summer season even if at regular price to wear, enjoy and get my money's worth.  Fall and winter is not my thing, so I'm aiming more for comfort and wearability and CHEAP because cool/cold weather doesn't last long if we even have any!  Talbots is where I shop because it fits! 

Esteemed Contributor

If you have the option and can think of your wardrobe in total, 

end of season bargains are a good investment.  Because I am retired and conscious of COVID risks, I know I have plenty for this year and the next.  We are home most of the time now.  I have a good collection of multi-season clothing from Talbot’s, largely purchased through good sales.  

Respected Contributor

Spring/summer clothing are my favorites.  So, if the markdowns are good and the items not too trendy, I'll keep buying and save them for next year.  

Honored Contributor

If I see something I really like at a good price, I'll buy it whether it's in season or not.  I usually have a couple of items that are new at the start of the summer or winter season so I don't stop buying just because the season is almost over.

Honored Contributor

These items in the new Talbots catalog are new releases, so no markdowns unless a random sale pops up.  But they're not end of season markdowns. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I live in the Midwest, and I am done buying Summer clothes by Mid-June to be honest! We can usually wear them until end of September, if we are lucky.

Honored Contributor

We have warm weather through September and even some days in October so if I buy anything "summery" now on sale I still have time to wear it.

If I see something I really need or want I will buy it regardless of season. I bought a black blazer on sale recently. Doubt I'll wear it until fall. 

Honored Contributor

I expect a sale price for any kind of summer clothing this time of year.  No cut, no buy.  Of course there's always that piece you long for and have searched hours for.  Then price is no object.

Honored Contributor

If the item is right. It's right.  I won't find it again, so I get it.

I just picked up a white linen jacket that I loved in a kind.  Mext summer will be hot and I'll be glad I have it.