Honored Contributor

Re: Buying a duplicate item for a backup

Yes...I am a repeat offender with just about everything that I really like. I have 4 of the same black top....and I wear all of them.

Super Contributor

YES, several times blouses, shoes and pants.
Valued Contributor

@gidgetgh

Do it all the time, esp pants if they fit well.

Honored Contributor

I have purchased multiples of basics, but instead of putting them away for backup use, I work them into my wardrobe rotation.  I have bought multiple tops, pants, sweaters, shoes, etc. Usually I buy the same item in a different color, but I have bought the exact same color and item in t-shirts, jeans, and trousers. One time I bought 2 pairs of the exact same shoe in the same color. I did put one away as a backup; fortunately, shoe size doesn't usually change. I never buy a duplicate of a memorable piece or print. 

Honored Contributor

@febe1

For me, this particular style (pink paisley) ran wider than I am used to in my size (this was a 6; I wear a 6.5 in traveltime styles).

For my lace-ups (style Punter) I can do a 6.5 or a 7 -- worn with athletic socks.

Last winter, there was the best looking gray with navy trim "Rome" -- it sold out in my size before I could get my hands on a pair.  HTH

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh

I have done this numerous times with

Dream Jeannes

Halston Sweatshirts/wrap turtlenecks

Susan Graver leggings

Easy Spirit Traveltime and Punter

Linea Lace Short jackets

J Crew tissue tees and turtlenecks

Jones New York sport cotton turtlenecks

undies

Linen pants -- heaven help me

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

Yes I do! I am the backup queen on everything....Gemini's usually are due to their twin thingie. This little song goes right along with the problem....The backin' up song! My Daddy taught me good....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2g76DUy7jKY

Honored Contributor

Making fun of myself a little here. 

In the winter, and for my morning walking year round, I wear Merrell Dassie Slides in the Espresso color. The most comfortable shoes ever.  Not the most stylish shoes, but they work for my feet and I love them. 

I had posted earlier that I always keep a spare new pair of them. 

I did some googling Saturday and it looks, to my horror, that they've been discontinued. So I searched and searched and found one pair in my size at Shoe Mall. I ordered them and they were shipped today. So now I'll have two new pairs ready to go when my current pair wears out. 

I saw that Zappos still has the black in my size.  I'm really tempted. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?