Esteemed Contributor

Re: Buying a duplicate item for a backup

I buy duplicates in shoes quite often. I have bought duplicates in tops, but not often. It's like tops, for instance, there are so many nice looking ones, I like different ones.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I struggle with this malady.  However, since downsizing to a condo, I often have to rein it in. 

Right now I am wearing a pair of olive ankle pants, of which I have three identical pair.  Most notably in my wardrobe would be duplicate shoes. I often purchase more than one pair in the same or different color.  

Honored Contributor

@febe1

This shoe is a few years old.  When I bought it, it was on clearance at Beall's Fl.  They only had certain sizes, so I bought what was in stock.  This style, a mule, does not require a sock.  I am a true 6.5, but I usually get a 7 in sneakers and boots because I wear socks with them.  These were available in a 6 or a 7.5, so I went with the 6 and they fit well. I don't have any other Easy Spirits to compare them to, but I know that @LTT1 has several pairs in "Traveltime."  She might be able to advise more about their sizing.

Esteemed Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@febe1

This shoe is a few years old.  When I bought it, it was on clearance at Beall's Fl.  They only had certain sizes, so I bought what was in stock.  This style, a mule, does not require a sock.  I am a true 6.5, but I usually get a 7 in sneakers and boots because I wear socks with them.  These were available in a 6 or a 7.5, so I went with the 6 and they fit well. I don't have any other Easy Spirits to compare them to, but I know that @LTT1 has several pairs in "Traveltime."  She might be able to advise more about their sizing.

Thanks, @lolakimono. I didn't realize they were a mule. That's a deal breaker for me. Smiley Happy

At the end of last summer, I bought two pair of floral Easy Spirits snekers on sale at HSN. @lolakimono, they were $69. on sale for $l9.99. Everything is wonderful about them, and they sure are cute.

HSN also has a terrific sale on BZEES (Naturallizer), very much like Easy Spirits. I got two pair of those, also.

I'm a push over for shoes. Smiley Happy Thanks again....

Valued Contributor

I have in jeans, and shoes, only in shoes I get a different color.

Honored Contributor

If I find say a shirt or pair of pants I like I will buy the shirt in different colors. DH has at least 600 cds & has made copies of a lot of those he has in his truck. 

Honored Contributor

yes, i have purchased exact duplicates in tops, pants/leggings, and underwear/bras.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Yes! I have definitely purchased exact duplicates. More often than not it is for a great basic:  a quality tank top or tee shirt with a silky touch or fabrication that makes it great for layering. 

Honored Contributor

Yes, all the tme - but not for backup ... but rather just because I like the item and they last longer if you alternate wearing/washing them.  

Just about all my clothes and shoes are duplicated.  For black turtleneck shirts, I probably have 20 identical shirts.   Once I settle into a style ... I stock up.

Honored Contributor

Yes.  Most recently the exact same pair of raw hem jeans.