Respected Contributor
Are you buying less than you once did? Is this because of the economy or a lifestyle change?
Occasional Contributor

I don't buy clothing or anything that might need to be returned because of the shipping charges back and forth. I would shop much more without the shipping cost.

Super Contributor

Shipping cost is a deal breaker for me 98% of the time, I agree. I'm buying less because I simply don't feel I have much of a void in my wardrobe at the moment. Plus, I regularly purge my closet (and my kids') and donate items, which always makes me aware of how many things I either bought and never wore or wore once, shrank in the wash, etc. That slows me down from being too quick to purchase. Even jeans I once loved to death seem to change over time with excessive wear/washes (and no, I never machine dry my jeans).

Honored Contributor

I can't find a lot that I like! Still putting a wardrobe together after a career change.

Respected Contributor
Today I bought the Josie Maran Milk at Sephora. It was 58.00 vs 49.00 at QVC which after S&H and tax its the same price. Since I was going past Sephora it just made sense to get it there.
Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Honored Contributor

A definite lifestyle change. But I had way too much and needed to cut back for that reason also.

"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

Buying less for sure. My wardrobe is full and since I typically dress up only on Sundays, things are not likely to get worn out. Ive avoided trendy stuff that gets outdated quickly so my clothes are pretty much timeless for me.

Honored Contributor

I guess I should say I'm trying to buy less, but old habits die hard... It's both a lifestyle change and a recognition of the reality that I don't need as much 'stuff' and would do better to put aside more for retirement.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

I started following some minimalist blogs that helped me define what is and is not important in my life. Truthfully I was feeling weighed down with not only my wardrobe, but all my possessions. I have and continue to long for a more simplistic lifestyle. As I have pared down, I have discovered I enjoy everything more!

Disclaimer: Thanks to my parents, I inherited a "shopping" gene. I still spend hours and hours shopping/surfing the net for the next latest and greatest item I "think" I must have.

Super Contributor

Yes, I am definitely buying less. It is due to both my budget and my lifestyle. I have a full-time job, but I've taken two pay cuts in less than a year. I simply don't have the money I once had for shopping. A little part of me wishes I could still shop like I once did, but a bigger part of me realizes this is for the best.

My priorities have changed. I don't need to have new clothes all the time. No one really pays attention, anyway. It's actually easier to manage a smaller wardrobe and it's helped me learn to put more outfits together.