Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Buying As-Is / Return in the Age of Virus

I was looking at an As-Is LOGO shirt today - and was about to buy it but had second thoughts about buying that someone else may have worn.

Thinking I may forego future As-Is purchases .... just to be on the safe side.

Honored Contributor

Re: Buying As-Is / Return in the Age of Virus

@ALRATIBA From what's been said, I think you would be ok, especially with the extended return period.  Just don't open the package for several days.

Respected Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

I was looking at an As-Is LOGO shirt today - and was about to buy it but had second thoughts about buying that someone else may have worn.

@ALRATIBA I wash all clothing that I buy whether as-is or not before wearing it.  That should take care of any bacteria that might be on the item.

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA    You're in no danger; buy, buy, buy.

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Wellness/Lifespan-of-Virus-on-Surfaces/td-p/6164060

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I am being crazy cautious when it comes to this crisis...my health is quite compromised. But, I would order it.  Let the box or bag sit for a few days and wash your hands after touching it .  Then wash the garment.  You should be fine.  Enjoy your new find!

Esteemed Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

I'm with you @ALRATIBA .  

Honored Contributor

After learning that COVID-19 was detected on surfaces 17 days later I don't take chances. I spray everything down with alcohol before I touch it

Esteemed Contributor

Walmart Canada is no longer doing returns on groceries, personal care items, or clothing -- those are now considered final sales items. That is to limit overbuying/hoarding and to limit the amount of customers at the customer service desk and also to stop the spread of the virus if it's on surfaces like clothes, etc.

Given that Walmart is about the only store besides the Canadian Superstore grocery store and Costco selling clothes in Canada right now, that is saying something.

Walmart, Costco, and all other grocery stores and pharmacies are doing social distancing by limiting the number of people allowed in the store at one time. The also have reminders to stay 2 meters (6.5 feet) apart and they all have set up queues with fencing or roped off areas to get into the stores and also to line up and pay. The stores all have  bright colored tape or circles on the floor to show you where to stand and also if there are one way aisles. Most customers are wearing face masks and or disposable gloves. The store employees all wear disposable gloves. The checkouts now have plexiglass barriers too.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

You run a risk of getting ANY contagious disease on any used surface.  Open any packages with gloves, does not have to be vinyl, if using cloth gloves wash them and any cloth items immediately.  With solid surfaces wipe down with soap and water.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

The virus that was found 17 days later was on that Grand Princess cruise ship and it was on a hard surface I believe?  

I'm not worrying about all of this.  I am taking this very seriously but I'm not washing/scrubbing my groceries and I'm not worried about items I'm ordering.  I always wash the clothing I get first and then I wash my hands.  That's enough for me.