Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT Is it this one? 

download.webp

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

Why not browse websites and look at reviews?  Sometimes, people will tell you if you should size up in a manufacturer or not.

A Tankini is a two piece, is this correct?  Why not consider a swim dress for full coverage?  Tankini's aren't always full coverage.  Some can be skimpy because they are sometimes like bikinis where some skin is left to be seen.

@gertrudecloset I actually saw some cute tankini swimsuits on a website ( something like swim fit) and they were really cute. They offer you a lot of coverage, some have biker short bottoms 

That's pretty good then @Jordan2

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21, That looks a lot like it.  The pool I went to is just a few miles from my house, but shut down for COVID.  That suit is ready!

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

Why not browse websites and look at reviews?  Sometimes, people will tell you if you should size up in a manufacturer or not.

A Tankini is a two piece, is this correct?  Why not consider a swim dress for full coverage?  Tankini's aren't always full coverage.  Some can be skimpy because they are sometimes like bikinis where some skin is left to be seen.

@gertrudecloset I actually saw some cute tankini swimsuits on a website ( something like swim fit) and they were really cute. They offer you a lot of coverage, some have biker short bottoms 

All of my tankinis are a tank and a bikini bottom.  I never knew a tankini had a swim dress bottom till QVC.  Any bathing suit that has a dress attached is bathing skirt and not a tankini (except for QVC) 

Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

All of my tankinis are a tank and a bikini bottom.  I never knew a tankini had a swim dress bottom till QVC.  Any bathing suit that has a dress attached is bathing skirt and not a tankini (except for QVC) 

@songbird  My tankini is a tank and short shorts. I purchased at LL Bean and they are called tankinis.

Respected Contributor

@Jordan2   I do water aerobics 3-4 times a week and go for a one piece.  I buy online always get two - one my 'regular' size and one size up!  Amazon have good range all types all prices.

Might add since Covid now seem to be keeping the one size up!  Do not order often from Q as they seem to only do swim dresses and 'skirts' do not work in aerobics or swimming for me - too much material.  Good luck enjoy your swim.

Esteemed Contributor

Gottex is a good quality brand and so is Miracle Suit.  Browse the large stores for variety.

Esteemed Contributor

I looked in my local TJ Max and Marshalls  as they had a few  swim suits

Respected Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

@Jordan2 I haven't purchased a swimsuit in eons either. Over the weekend I saw this one on Instagram that caught my eye. It's by Summersalt. I went on their site, they have some nice swimsuits. Free exchanges and returns.

This one is $95, available in lots of colors

Screenshot_20210607-160705~2.png

Now THAT is a great looking one piece. Not matronly but nice coverage. I will check that out. Hope they have talls! I have a drawer full of suits because we are at the beach all summer but mine are getting out of style. Old patterns...

Esteemed Contributor

A swim dress style...