Super Contributor

Buyers Beware: Dyson "BAGLESS" vacuums......please read!

Yes, I know this is Fashion Talk but I wanted to make sure to reach as many of you considering a Dyson as possible.

Yes, the machine cleans up dirt like nobody's business. However, I will never buy another bagless vacuum because, unless you're vacuuming up rice and hard grains, as they show in the presentation, emptying the canister is absolutely unhealthy and disgusting. I have two german shepherds, three birds and a family and we generate alot of dust and dust bunnies. When it comes time to open the canister to dump out all that stuff, guess what, it doesn't just fall out into the garbage bag like they show you in the presentation. If you have clumps of dust in there, you actually have to fit your hand or some other device up into the canister to pull it out and you cannot imagine how much dust kicks back into the air and your lungs. I have to wear a mask and go into the garage every time I need to empty the canister, which is often. Not only that, God forbid you have vacuumed up some glass, you have to be careful not to hurt yourself when you're in there pulling out all that gunk. I don't know how Dyson gets away with touting this bagless thing as a selling point, but believe me, no more bagless vacuums for me. I'll gladly purchase vacuum bags and just discard them, one, two, three for my next vacuum purchase.

I hope this helps someone considering this very Non-Green purchase.