Esteemed Contributor

No.  So disappointed in the fashions this spring so far.

Respected Contributor

Re: Buy Any Fashions Today?

[ Edited ]

I just bought the Bobs painted paw sneakers on the sketchers website. 30% off and free shipping!

QVC had these shoes on tonight on sale but I still paid a lot less with my coupon code and free shipping! It pays to shop around.

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono 

I love scarves and beginning to like brooches (well, pins).  I think they can transform an outfit.  I find cute and some very lovely pins on Etsy and at Amazon .

When I cannot wear a scarf for interest, I put a pin/brooch on my lapel but another place I have learned I like wearing a pin is on the outside of the sleeve of a jacket/blazer, between my elbow and wrist so that when my arm is flexed, outstretched or laid straight, the pin always shows. 

I have enjoyed watching YouTube videos with multiple ways to wear scarves and find many ways to wear them as well.  It just keeps our fashion lives interesting, finding new ways to wear old things by incorporating new ideas.

Occasionally wearing a man's tie with suiting keeps life interesting as well.  I do have a red velvet man's tie (it must have been created for someone's Christmas tie) that I found in a thrift shop that I wear with a black pants suit and white man's shirt.

Allowing a scarf to hang down my back rather than tied in front is another unusual way I have found to wear a scarf (must be a rectangle scarf long enough to double wrap around the neck and instead of draping to the front, drape to the back).   If people are accustomed to seeing you break the rules in fashion, they will think nothing of it except to compliment you.

It is no different from allowing a necklace to stream down your back rather than down your decolletage.  

I once walked by a boutiquem saw several friends inside. I slipped through the side door.  The owner had allowed me to do that before.  Not knowing I was there, I heard one of them remark "If NAT were here, she would buy it, but I don't know what I would do with it if I had it."  I bought it.  It was a chatelaine with sterling silver scissors,  thimble, needle, safety pins and one of the cases held a secret compartment with a micro photograph of a cute little blond girl.  It must have been the owner as a child or one of her children.  I wore it proudly to luncheons and church.  

Hat pins are wonderful for attaching a scarf to your handbag or place a nice lace antique hanky in your jacket pocket and hold it in place with a hat pin.  

Share your ideas on styling.  I love hearing what others are doing that I can copy.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I tried to stay strong but when I saw this Kim Gravel blouse in the pink and turquoise stripes, I completely lost all resolve.  I usually don't pay that much but this top just " spoke to me".  A376902

@Kachina624   I took a look and yes it's very cute!  I'm seriously tempted with the blue/green combo...

Honored Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

I tried to stay strong but when I saw this Kim Gravel blouse in the pink and turquoise stripes, I completely lost all resolve.  I usually don't pay that much but this top just " spoke to me".  A376902

@Kachina624   I took a look and yes it's very cute!  I'm seriously tempted with the blue/green combo...

@haddon9 @kachina62

That is a very pretty blouse.  I wonder if it is smooth or if it is that crepey fabric she has used in so many of her tops.  I would like to have that if it were smooth, but not crepey.  Enough! of that is enough.

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 , Very nice top, I really like it too!!

Trusted Contributor

@lolakimono, really love all your scarfs.   So very pretty!!   Thanks for posting the pictures.

Trusted Contributor

@Squirrel Lover , I understand completely.   As they say, when it rains it pours!

I need to try to be the same as you too "no buying".  Our taxes will be due in June, just had to pay for our auto/motorcyle insurance, just purchased new carpeting for our living room and hallway and still paying off a hospital bill for my husband from a few years ago.  

Honored Contributor

No and will not--everthing looks the same to me----and the prices are crazy----

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday    It appears to be a smooth woven fabric.  If it's not perfect, it'll go back.  It's too expensive to not be.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment