Valued Contributor

Am I imagining things, or is Susan Graver butterknit fabric being discontinued? I LOVE this fabric so much, it wears like iron, never fades, looks brand new after a hundred washings- OK, maybe I just figured out why she may end this fabric. It never wears out!! If anyone knows the answer about this fabric's fate I sure would like to know. Thanks!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Butterknit Discontinued?

It's a huge rarity to find anything by SG using what she calls butterknit anymore.

Respected Contributor

I loved butterknit and peachskin fabric. Had loads of shirts and tops. I think her liquid knit pushed them both aside.  I don’t like the feel of liquid knit.

Honored Contributor

@traveler wrote:

I loved butterknit and peachskin fabric. Had loads of shirts and tops. I think her liquid knit pushed them both aside.  I don’t like the feel of liquid knit.

@traveler 

I agree with you.  I prefer the butterknit and peach skin fabrics.  I have a bunch of tops of both fabrics. 

Valued Contributor

I don't like liquid knit either. Compared to butterknit, its thin and a bit clingy, and I don't think it wears as well.

Honored Contributor

I have not seen butterknit in a very long time.  I don't like Susan's liquid knit either.

I loved her Lustra Knit pants!  I still have four pairs of those. The only thing in that material now are lustra knit skinny pants.  Mine are the wide flat waistband, with no gathering at the waist. Very slimming, wonderful pants. 

Valued Contributor

@furbabylover wrote:

Am I imagining things, or is Susan Graver butterknit fabric being discontinued? I LOVE this fabric so much, it wears like iron, never fades, looks brand new after a hundred washings- OK, maybe I just figured out why she may end this fabric. It never wears out!! If anyone knows the answer about this fabric's fate I sure would like to know. Thanks!!

I just purchased a butterknit top with elbow sleeves and it's definitely not butterknit. i have several and this feels like a nylon fabric.