Honored Contributor

Re: Brooke Shields New Fashion Line Comes to QVC

BROOKE_SEQ_7_DESKTOP_20180115.jpg

InsideQ: What do you see in the future with your relationship with QVC? How do you think it’s going to evolve?

Brooke: I have enjoyed the process to such an extent, and have felt the utmost respect for QVC, and I have felt respect from QVC. I’ve been in the entertainment industry and the fashion industry my entire life, and that is a rarity. So I hope the relationship continues.

InsideQ: How did you decide to call your line Timeless?

Brooke: I was looking for words that describe styles and a sense of fashion that has endured decades and endured over time, the classic pieces that we see that don’t seem to go out of style. They may change a little bit, there may be a lapel change or a length or something, but there are pieces that I have noticed that I return to every year for different reasons.

InsideQ: What’s one piece from your collection that you couldn’t live without?

Brooke: It would be the blazer. There’s something about having the perfect blazer. It’s so versatile. And that was one of the first pieces that I said I had to have in the collection. I find that if I have a blazer I can go from day to night and I’m pretty safe.

InsideQ: How will your line help women who feel challenged by fashion?

Brooke: We all have insecurities. We all have issues with parts of our body. I wanted a line for women to still be who they are but feel elevated in who they are. I think that my goal is to lessen and minimize the challenges and the insecurities. There’s a celebration of our individual bodies, our individuality, our different personalities.

InsideQ: Can you talk a little bit about your family and their influence on your line?

Brooke: I have an eleven-year-old and a fourteen-year-old who have very different styles. They each have a completely different aesthetic. They both criticize my clothing on a daily basis. One of them thinks I’m not cool enough, the other one wants me to wear high heels all the time. I can’t win with my kids.

InsideQ: What about your own mother? Was she fashionable?

Brooke: My mother was always incredibly chic. She knew how to put together something and look amazing on a dime as she grew up with nothing. If she didn’t have something she made it work. But she knew what looked good on her body type. That’s what I learned from her. And that’s what I’m trying bring to Timeless.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

The only one who's going to "live a better life" is Brooke--after she rakes in all  that $$$.  

Honored Contributor

http://www.qvc.com/content/insideq/brooke-shields-editorial.html

This link is to the introduction video

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

I was trying to see if she actually designed at least most of her clothing line or just put together and approved a collection.

It seems she has had a clothing line before QVC. I got the impression that she did design them.

Here is something I readSmiley Sadfrom hollywoodreporter.com)

"After years of being dressed by professionals, I walked into my closet one day and realized I had lost sight of my own personal style,” Shields told the trade. “I am incredibly passionate about this collection because I have created pieces that are not only chic but that take the guesswork out of getting ready each morning.”

By saying she created pieces, it seems she did design them?

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

I like Brook Shields, loved her in  Lipstick Jungle and will be interested to she what is in her line and what the price point is.

I loved that show!

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

Why can't women support other women when it comes to professional endeavors? 

Aren't there enough challenges for us??? Pay gap  Discrimination  Abuse Harrassment 

If you can't support, encourage,  assist, please don't say or do anything, just get out of the way Woman Tongue

@Chi-town girl, I don't understand the pre-judgments either. At least give her a chance.

I  could understand some of these posts if the woman had said or done anything to deserve them. But as far as I know, that's not the case. She was involved in one particular newsworthy conflict with another actor, but IMO, she was spot-on and he deserved it.

@suzyQ3 - to me it's very obvious...envy/jealousy. And the culture on this forum for women to bash other women. 

And of course...the 'joy' of complaining. The countless threads complaining about repetitive offerings at Q and then when something new comes along, it morphs into complaints about the new vendor, style etc. 

Ugghh Woman Tongue

Well maybe Shawn will get a break as they sink their claws into Brooke Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl,

I've been meaning to tell you this. I used to be one of the many posters here that made some bad choices by writing negative posts. Then one day you expressed to me personally how you felt about my negativity on one of your threads written some time ago. At that moment in time, you changed my ways on this forum for the better, to be more positive and I just wanted to say 'thank you' for opening up my eyes.Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

I say give her a chance and then give your comments.  

Honored Contributor

I agree that Brooke should be given a chance. I like the red coat and the print blouse. QVC doesn't have the bargains for my bargain hunting addiction and budget. But I would watch because I find Brooke to be very pleasant and likeable. And I do root for other women to succeed.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

I agree that Brooke should be given a chance. I like the red coat and the print blouse. QVC doesn't have the bargains for my bargain hunting addiction and budget. But I would watch because I find Brooke to be very pleasant and likeable. And I do root for other women to succeed.

Yes, @Greeneyedlady21 you do! It's no reflection on you when posters jump on your threads -  clothing discussions about Meghan or other celebrities only to take them off with personal comments about their relationships, sources of income etc. A innocent thread about a dress usually doesn't survive bc of the forum culture. 

I don't understand why anyone would concern themselves (unless they think they are superior Woman Tongue) with how someone else spends their $$$$.

We have different income levels, priorities and interests. $250 v $30 blouse, it's all good. It's really not our/their business to judge why someone would spend more than another for anything.

If someone asks for help in finding a dupe for a lower price, that can be done without snide, snark about the vendor or customer selling/buying the higher priced item.