Super Contributor

Re: Brooke Shields New Fashion Line Comes to QVC

@IMW

Let's not forget ( or maybe we should)'Martha Stewart. A total waist of airtime

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

IIRC she has/ has had deals for toothpaste, Latisse (lashes), La-Z-Boy, etc.

It's all about the $$$$$.  I am tired of seeing her endorse everything.

Brooke Shields for Royal Velvet

Brooke Shields for Colgate Total

Brooke Shields for Latisse

Brooke Shields for La-z-boy Furniture

Wow...so many grumpies... I'm glad to see new Q fashion brands!

And how do you know it's 'all about $$$$'????

Maybe she uses these products and loves them. 

How fun to participate in designing home furnishing, I would love it. 

Brooke must be talented and successful -  alot of opportunities. Why begrudge her? 

I'm looking forward to seeing her on Q. Rock on Brooke! 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

Why can't women support other women when it comes to professional endeavors? 

Aren't there enough challenges for us??? Pay gap  Discrimination  Abuse Harrassment 

If you can't support, encourage,  assist, please don't say or do anything, just get out of the way Woman Tongue

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

I like Brooke Shields. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

Why can't women support other women when it comes to professional endeavors? 

Aren't there enough challenges for us??? Pay gap  Discrimination  Abuse Harrassment 

If you can't support, encourage,  assist, please don't say or do anything, just get out of the way Woman Tongue

@Chi-town girl, I don't understand the pre-judgments either. At least give her a chance.

I  could understand some of these posts if the woman had said or done anything to deserve them. But as far as I know, that's not the case. She was involved in one particular newsworthy conflict with another actor, but IMO, she was spot-on and he deserved it.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

Wow...so many grumpies... I'm glad to see new Q fashion brands!

And how do you know it's 'all about $$$$'????

Maybe she uses these products and loves them. 

How fun to participate in designing home furnishing, I would love it. 

Brooke must be talented and successful -  alot of opportunities. Why begrudge her? 

I'm looking forward to seeing her on Q. Rock on Brooke! 

@Chi-town girl

I'm wondering why out of all of the posts on this thread you chose to quote my post and call me grumpy.Cat Indifferent

I think people get overexposed quickly, and when celebrities choose to endorse everything, people stop paying attention to the next "big" thing.

Honored Contributor

I like Brook Shields, loved her in  Lipstick Jungle and will be interested to she what is in her line and what the price point is.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

BROOKE_DESKTOP_20180115.jpg

What is there to say about Brooke Shields? She’s done it all. Since beginning her modeling career at 11 months old, Brooke first became a household name as the face for some of fashion’s most prestigious labels. She then turned her attention to acting, racking up starring roles on stage, television, and the big screen. Not one to slow down, Brooke is now taking her wealth of knowledge of the fashion world and turning it into a line of apparel inspired by her own keen eye for style. InsideQ got the chance to chat with Brooke about fashion, what inspires her, and more.  

Honored Contributor

BROOKE_SEQ_4_SPOT_2_20180115.jpg

Sneak peeks!

Honored Contributor

BROOKE_SEQ_5_SPOT_1_20180115.jpg

InsideQ: What inspired you to launch your line Timeless™ here at QVC?

Brooke Shields: I thought about designing a line of clothing for a decade. But the problem that I came across until I came to QVC was that people were not really interested in my aesthetic or my vision. What attracted me to QVC is their willingness to have me engaged in the process and have me not just put my face on something and then try to talk about it. I have been a fan of the brand through the idea of having that sort of personal connection with whatever it is you’re buying. I was very impressed when I visited [Studio Park] because I realized the magnitude of the operation. But there’s also an intimacy at QVC. The primary focus is quality and the customer. And I think that those two things don’t always coexist.

InsideQ: How do you hope to develop your customer relationships?

Brooke: I think what’s special about the QVC shopping experience is the direct relationship with the customer. It’s important for the customer to feel like a part of the process.

InsideQ: How do you want the QVC customer to see you?

Brooke: I hope the QVC customer feels like a friend and that I’m in no way dictating to anybody. It’s taken me a very long time to find my own voice about what I wear, how I envision clothing, what I think of fashion. And there’s still so much more to learn. So I hope that the exchange is very mutual. That I’m learning from the customer, that I’m imparting to the customer, and that we’re having fun in the process